Hailey's Prologue

As she sits on the bus on the way to me I can feel her pain. They talk and socialise, while she stays mute. Giggling, talking, sharing their adventures. She thinks they are all normal. Not like her. But I know that these kids are definitely not normal. What even is normal? Is normal being liked by everyone, or is normal just another word created to mislead people on the truths of the world?

No one ever talks to her, and that's good because she doesn't have the courage to talk to them. Hailey Gresway is a bright girl, although many couldn't see it. She is people wise. She knows that no-one in her current life was worthy of her friendship. Bullies, Sluts, know-it-alls, they all made fun of her. Nerdy glasses, shy personality, always alone, she is the ultimate target. She is mute around them. Mostly everyone has never heard her voice. Only her parents. Her parents say she needs real friends but she has friends she just needs to find them.

When they silence the bus and pronounce names for everyone to hear. It is the worst moment in her day. All the attention is on her when she doesn't respond verbally to the roll call.When they get to their campsite everyone rushes to read room arrangements. She stays back from the crowd as usual. She follows my call and finds herself at the start of the path that leads to my camp. Her destiny.

She enters camp bloom. The butterflies invade her stomach as she sees them, although they are her place in this world she still doesn't know it. Hailey keeps to herself as all the other girls mingle. She hates it but it's what she's used to. A girl named Tiana, calls her over to the group. Hailey is never invited to sit, although she's always wanted to. Hailey sits by her new found friend.

In the cabin that night Hailey knows that this is where she belongs- with Chloe, Tiana and Bethany. As Hailey lays there Chloe starts talking to her Hailey feels like she is finally free. Hailey talks a little. It is the first time she has spoken to anyone out of her home. Her spirit has finally found her place in this world, but once camp is over she may never see these girls again. That's why I must intervene...