No memory

Stiles stared down at the ring on his finger. He felt strange wearing it when he didn't even remember the man he was supposedly married to.

"You alright?" Noah asked, walking in then with a bag of food in his hand.

"Yeah," Stiles smiled, clenching his fist. "That better be for me."

Noah let out a laugh, "Of course you couldn't forget my diet, could you?"

Stiles grinned as he took the bag from his dad.

"It's strange, right? That I don't remember the man I married? Why would I forget him? I don't understand. I didn't forget Scott or Lydia," Stiles huffed in frustration as he started to dig in the bag of food.

"You've forgotten more than just him, there's a room full of people out there that you don't even know you've forgotten. Derek is just-"

"Wait, you mean all those people that were in here before are out there?" Stiles had assumed they were friends of Derek's.

"Yes, they're all worried about you," Noah nodded.

Stiles frowned before taking off the ring, "I don't like feeling like an entire part of my life is missing, I don't want to be like...like..." Stiles trailed off, the words were lost in his throat.

Noah's eyes pricked with tears. He knew what Stiles was trying to say.

"I know, Stiles, I know," He pulled his son into him and held him tight. Visions of his wife yelling that she didn't have a son filled his memory.

"He deserves someone who remembers," Stiles spoke into his dad's shoulder.

"It'll come back to you, okay? I promise. This isn't like that," Noah pulled back so he could look his son in the eyes.

Stiles only nodded, his hands shook. The ring still clasped tightly in his palm.

A soft knock sounded on his door, before Derek's head popped in.

"Hey, I just wanted to make sure the food was okay," Derek stepped in carefully.

Stiles quickly slid the ring back onto his finger, but Derek didn't miss the gesture. His heart sunk but he didn't say anything.

"It's fine," Stiles answered stiffly.

"I have to step out for a bit, I'll be right back. Call me if..." Derek trailed off with a sad smile. "I'll be back."

"I'm the worst," Stiles huffed, throwing his head back against the pillow once Derek was out of the room. "He'd being so nice and understanding and I'm being an ass."

"Just try to remember this is hard for him too," Noah offered with a sad smile of his own. He hated seeing Derek and Stiles so distant. It tore him up. He could only imagine how Derek was really feeling.

-

Derek let the tears fall as he made his way towards Deaton's office. He hadn't really had a chance to digest everything that was going on and the idea that Stiles didn't know him stung but the realization that Stiles didn't love him anymore hit hard. It hadn't even occurred to him. But with no memory of their time together, what was there for Stiles to love?

He didn't have the memory of their first meeting, or the countless times they saved one another. The many arguments, or the teasing banter. No memory of their first kiss or their first time. No memory of Derek's proposal or the wedding. No memory of them fussing over paint samples or bedspreads. All he had was a name and a ring he didn't even want.

Derek's claws came out as he gripped the wheel tighter. If only he'd brought Stiles with him to that meeting, this could have been avoided. What did this pack want with him? Why attack Stiles? What did they get out of making Stiles forget him or the supernatural?