Colorful nights

**********

Note: Hello fellas. So, I've recently watched Birds Of Prey (what a great movie) and that made me realize how everyone always treats Harley so roughly and sometimes violently. And worst of all, she seems pretty used to it.

So I decided to write something about how she would react to a more gentle and soft approach. Also, the lack of emotional Harley Quinn stories out there just baffles me, so let's fix that, shall we?

**********

The song was blasting in the nightclub. Y/N was sitting alone at a table in a corner, trying to stay away from the eyes of any drunk man. She came here from time to time, to try and forget about her problems for a while, maybe drink a little, but not enough to get drunk. This is actually a pretty popular club, and like any other, there were disagreements here and there. But this place seemed to be a lot calmer than the other ones, that's the reason Y/N chose to come here when she needed time away from home.

Although, a certain troublemaker always seemed to pop up when Y/N was around. Harley Quinn, Joker's ex-girlfriend, formal queen of Gotham, or so they say. She was quite the puzzle for Y/N. She had nothing against Harley, to be honest, they kind of knew each other. Harley would come and talk to her whenever she saw her, stopping by her table insisting that Y/N drank just a little bit more, because, as she said, 'you need to have fun, cupcake'. At first, Y/N felt a little uncertain about talking to, well, a criminal, but Harley proved to be pretty harmless. At least to her.

It's been some weeks now. At first, Y/N would come here just once a week, not bothering to spend her energy more than that. But since she met Harley, she has been coming more, almost every day. She couldn't exactly tell why, she was... Curious. Excited to see what other crazy things Harley would tell her the next day, and truth be told, Y/N enjoyed the company. Harley was basically her escape from the real world, it was distracting, but a good kind of distraction. Whoever saw them chatting, smiling as they always seem to do when near one another, would dare to say they were even long time friends.

When Harley first saw Y/N, her attention was captured right away. She was very beautiful, of course, but there was just something about her... She looked so different from everyone else in the night club. She looked like she didn't belong there in the midst of these dirty people. And for the first time since... Him, Harley felt herself being drawn to someone. So she walked up to Y/N with two shots of whiskey in hand, and since that day she found herself counting the minutes for these special nights at the nightclub.

Right now Y/N was drinking her usual beer, at her usual table in the corner. She was observing the many faces around her, dancing at the music and the blinking lights, until one familiar face caught her attention.

When Harley saw Y/N she was quick to make her way to the girl. Opening her arms and talking over the loud music.

"There's my sweety, I've been looking all over for you" she had a big grin on her face that Y/N came to love. Harley brought one stool as close as possible to Y/N's and sat beside her, their shoulders touching.

"Watcha' up to?"

Y/N chuckled "observing. If you squint, there's a lot of interesting things to see here"

Some weeks back, Y/N would have laughed if someone told her that in some time in the future she would be sitting at a table casually chatting with the Harley Quinn. But right now, everything felt too normal already.

"Yeah, I can think of some interesting things to see" Harley purred. Well, if there was something that Harley wasn't, it was subtle.

Y/N would be lying if she said she hasn't been developing a crush on Harley herself. But she was still very wary, it was, after all, still dangerous territory. Maybe someday.