Satyre in her younger days

(This is a short story I made about one of my made up characters Satyre, in this story she is a pup but in most of my other story's she is an teen/adult wolf. Hope you like it! Comments and feed back always appreciated thank you)

The young pup opened her eyes. A small yawn escaped her maw as she released a long stretch. She leapt from her mothers paws and dashed out the cave. Her eyes grew big as saucers as she caught sight of the beautiful world before her. A stuff breeze ran through her moon grey pelt, which caused her to shiver. Despite the bitter Autumn cold, Satyre stumbled further into the entanglement of trees. A tiger patterned butterfly flew over head which made the pup giggle, blades of browning grass tickled her paw pads. A piercing yelp echoed throughout the thicket. Satyre gasped in surprise before clambering back to the cave.

What Satyre saw next tore her heart. She tumbled through the caves entrance to find her mother shredded and scattered across the caves floor. Blood splattered the rocky walls and a mangled fresh carcass lay lifeless in the corner. Satyre's eyes rimmed with tears. Her tail clung to her underbelly and tucked itself away between her now trembling legs. The distraught pup pricked her ears at the sound of scuffling leaves. Her head shot round to find to her surprise, her father stood looming above her.

Although Satyre could see it was her dad, her fur bristled and her teeth bared at the sight if him. His muzzle, under pelt and paws were stained with crimson. His eyes were emotionless and menacing with a mangle of veins. Foam flooded his mouth and leaked through gaps between his fangs. This wolf was not her dad.

The wolf lunged for the pup, jaws agape in hope of a capture. Satyre dodged the clamping teeth and sprinted for the caves exit. She dived into the vegetation near her and scattered through vines and leaves in hope of an escape. The beating of her heart throbbed in her ears as so did the pounding of enemy paws. Yelps of pain and fear shot from Satyre's mouth as the ashen pup dived for cover under a log. She lay in silence for a few minutes, biting her lower lip to prevent herself from whimpering. Her body trembled uncontrollably as a pair of paws halted by her log. Decades went by as the pup waited in horror for her 'dad' to break through the shelter and rip her to shreds. Finally he darted of toward a different part of the Forrest, leaving Satyre to Quiver in her hiding spot.

A sigh of relief slipped from her lips and she crawled out from under the log. She snuffled for a little while, and bathed in the safe serenity of silence. Her eyes narrowed as she looked towards the setting sun, life would be different from now onwards. The pup scratched the bark of a nearby tree before padding onwards to find a pack.

(Hope you liked it!! It's not to good but you know :) if you visit miskaycat on YouTube I have some videos Zi made for Satyre that you could check out ty))