Falling for a Stranger.

You looked into the body length mirror nervously, making sure you looked fine.

Today was the day you will meet your soon to be husband, Huang Guanheng, or Hendery as he apparently liked to go by.

Biting your lips, you continued staring at yourself in the mirror.

Your parents were old fashion in every sense of the word, and yes, that even included arrange marriages. Your parents were arranged to be together, so were your grandparents, and great grandparents and so on. It was a tradition that was never questioned in your family... that is until you came along.

You asked your parents and grandparents what was the whole reason of marrying someone you didn't even love let alone know. Their answers were along the line of, "Don't worry, you'll fall in love with him." to "Because it's a family tradition."
Sighing, you finally looked away.

What if he was abusive, or mean? With he had a horrid personality? You were just so afraid. You wanted to run away from this situation all together. It was like being thrown into the deep end of a pool and you didn't know how to swim. You were fighting with yourself.

Either stay and make your family happy.

Or leave and bring your family great shame.

Not wanting to bring shame to your family, you pushed your feelings aside, praying for the best. That this Hendery fellow was as nice as your parents made him out to be.

~~
"Ah! Y/n! You finally came down for dinner." your dad commented, a bright smile on his lips.

"Yeah..." you replied back, nodded your head as you finished walking down the steps

Once you came down, you eyes widen a bit.

You noticed a handsome young man sitting on the couch with Mr. and Mrs. Huang.

"Y/n. This is our son, Hendery." Mrs. Huang smiled.

Hendery got up from his seat and walked to you.

"Umm... It's nice to meet you." he said before sticking his hand out for a handshake.

You glanced at his hand then back at him.

"Hmph." you crossed your arms, opting to head straight to the dinning room.

"Y/N!" your mom called out but you didn't listen, sitting down on one of the dinning room chairs.

~~

Were quite as you ate your dinner, stealing glances at Hendery from across the table.

You had to admit, he was handsome and funny but that was about it. You still didn't understand why you had to marry him though. Even if he did seem like a nice guy, you still longed for the freedom of choice.

"So Y/n. I heard you just got accepted into college?"

Coughing slightly, you nodded your head.

"Yes." you answered Mr. Huang. "I'm gonna go to University for Marine Biology."
"Oh, another science major!" Mrs. Huang said, excitedly clasping her hands together.

"Guanheng here is going to start school to be an Aerospace Engineer. He always loved building things."

"Oh? That's really cool." you said, which caused the young man's cheeks to heat up slightly.

"Y-yeah. I've always wanted to build a rocket ship so why not becoming a rocket scientist, ya know?"

"Yeah, I get you. I was always into biology growing up and I loved the sea and the animals that lived in it so I thought why not become a marine biologist. I get to do what I love."
As you two began talking, you noticed how relax you were becoming towards him. You noticed how intently he would watch you as you spoke, his eye smile if you said something funny, how his cheeks was turning into a light shade of pink.