Chapter 1

"How  are you constantly falling?" I glared at Gary, my best friend. 

     "It's not exactly my fault, you know. It's not like I want  to fall." Gary laughed, and placed his hand on my shoulder.

    "Relax, man! I'm just kidding. It's hard to not ask questions when you're hanging around the unluckiest guy in school." I rolled my eyes. It's true. I, Carl Talphia, am the unluckiest person at school- no, the unluckiest person in the world. You might be thinking- Carl, you must be exaggerating! There is no way you could be the unluckiest person in the world  ! I wish I was kidding. Everyday is the same. I'm constantly bringing misfortune to both myself, and others. I trip at least 5 times after waking up, and my parents have to buy plastic dinnerware for me to use. Why? Because I've broken every single plate I have touched. I am constantly being blamed for things I didn't do, it's surprising that I haven't been expelled yet. 

     *BINGGGG*

It's time for class. I gathered my books and walked out of the cafeteria. Everyone gets out of the way for me, including Gary. He may be my best (and only) friend, but he isn't stupid. He knows when and when not to be near me. 

      "Hey Dumpster Fire!" I sigh, and turned around to see the only other person who isn't scared of me. Dick Wilson. His name fits him, he is a dick afterall. He walked up to me, and smacked my back, causing me to drop my books. I sighed.

     "No, I don't have money, yes I have detention, no, I do not have a girlfriend yet." I recited. Dick leans into my face.

    "That's what I thought. And you don't seem to have washed your face today, Zits!"  He laughed and smacked my back one more time before walking away. I bend down to get my books, and prepared myself. Something would probably push me to the ground. I was correct; someone threw a textbook at me, hitting my back. I fall onto the pile of books.

     "Please tell me he's dead. I don't want to stay in the same school as Dumpster Fire!" I quickly pick up my books before anything else was thrown at me, and headed to my next class