Ixen

"Hey there little guy..." A quiet voice murmurs, the only sound in the once lively forest aside from the crackling of the still burning fires. A small puff of soot plumes from the ground as they settle onto their knees, the black soot coating their snow white skin giving an odd contrast to them. The young Fairui skitters away from them for a moment before it slowly inches closer. Its nostrils flaring as it curiously sniffs at them, checking both their physical scent and their magical scent."It's alright... I won't hurt you.." The lilting voice mutters as a soft, dainty hand slowly reaches out towards the young Fairui. A small puff of sparks escapes from the lines on its back as it arches up in fear, its tail slowly cooling to match the black ash of the rest of its skin as it flicks about nervously behind it."Let's get you out of here... Before they come back.." The voice, saddened at the Death brought to what was such a bastion of Life before this, calls out as their hand brushes against the still warm ground. But even in a place so barbarously savaged life still tries to find a way. The young Fairui gingerly stepping forward and onto their hand, bring a soft smile to their sadden face. The deep ocean blue of their eyes brightened slightly at the Fairui trusting them, unlike so many other beings before it. Their hand slowly and carefully raises up and holds their hand next to their bosom, the Fairui almost immediately perking up and crawling out of their hand and into their shirt to coil up on the top of their pale breast, right above their heart, attracted to the heat radiating from it. They gently stand and close their shirt back up, their own scaled tail flicking about softly. And with one final look about, their heart in anguish at the Destruction wrought up this place, they give a powerful flap of their wings and shoot up into the air, ash swirling around them as they disturb the ground for the last time.