CHAPTER III [DON'T BE THAT WAY]

Jun opened his eyes to find an unfamiliar scene. The room that he woke up to was lit with a warm honey yellow glow. Looking around him, he could see a boy's head rested on the edge of the matress. His body was scratched from lying on the floor all night, next to the broken alcohol bottles. Jun felt guilt. If it wasn't for him being so pathetic, and scared, Minghao wouldn't have had to kneel next to him for the whole night trying to comfort the boy.

The sleeping boy groaned before opening his eyes.

"Good morning" Jun chirped.

The other looked up to him coldly in return before standing up and walking towards the door.

"Wait- where are you going?" Jun asked.

"Breakfast"

-

"Don't you know how to cook?" Jun asked, watching the Minghao stuff his mouth with instant noodles in the kitchen.

"I don't have time for all that Gordon Ramsay shit" he replied bluntly.

Jun stood up and snooped around his kitchen.

"The fuck are you doing?"

"Looking for actual food"

"Wow, yesterday you were like, 'I-iM sOrry' and shit. What a difference"

Jun ignored that unnecessary statement and continued opening cupboards and drawers.

"What is this-"

"What is what-"

Jun moved away from a cupboard to show a shelf, filled with cigarettes.

"tHis"

"It's my uhm, stash" Minghao said with a mouth full of noodles.

"..."

"..."

"i'M tHrowiNg ThiS oUt" Jun announced.

"Bitch." the other hastily felt around him to pull his handgun out, pointing it at Jun. "Get away"

Not wanting to die, Jun obeyed him and slumped back down on the table, head resting on crossed arms.

"You know people get lung cancer from that" Jun mumbled.

"Yea I do"

"People die from lung cancer"

"I know" Minghao's voice seemed a bit irritated.

"Don't you care?"

"No? You're a fucking dumbass Jun. No one cares about me. So does it really matter if I die?"

"Mingh-"

"Shut the fuck up"

Jun fell silent.

"I'm sorry" Jun sighed to himself.

Minghao felt uneasy. He watched Jun look at the table sorrowfully, biting his lip. Something about the boy made Minghao feel a certain way. Satisfaction? No, not really. It wasn't joy either. It was a feeling he hadn't felt in a while. It was familiar but the boy couldn't put a finger on it.

Confused and frustrated, the dark haired boy sat up and walked towards the door and left the apartment. Jun reminded him of himself. Maybe that was the reason he helped him, or maybe it was something else. He thought of his past self with so much hatred but yet he grew a tiny soft spot for the brown haired boy.

Don't do it. Don't fall for it again.

Then he remembered the time that made him fall apart. Two minutes in an apartment that changed him. He remembered it so well. It played in his head like a recording.

"Babe? Why were you so late?" he had asked to his drunk ex on the dead of night, in a small apartment.

"Babe? I'm not your babe" he had replied with a giggle.

"W-what?"

The boy looked at him and laughed with a shine in his eyes.

"Minghao, I'm straight" he slurred

"W-what? No you're not. Babe, we've been together for 3 years" the boy whimpered

"Huh, that's weird. I don't think I had ever felt anything about you"

"B-babe.."

"Minghao, let's break up"

So that was the end of their relationship. Turns out he only loved Minghao for a bit before falling for another. Some girl who went for the name Ryun-something.

A wave of sadness washed the dark haired boy who tried to block it. He staggered along the dim hallway feeling his eyes water.

"Fuck you Seokmin"