The Original Storyline

Good Luck Charlie is a popular kid's show on Disney channel. If you do not know what it is, it is a show revolving the Duncan family, a family of 6 ( or 7, after the birth of Toby Duncan).

A teenager, Teddy Duncan, makes these videos that she calls her 'Video Diaries' for her baby sister, Charlotte "Charlie" Duncan, to help her cope with her teenage years.

But Good Luck Charlie had a different storyline before this, starting with the title. Instead of Good Luck Charlie, the show was called, Love Teddy.

The producers of the show had wanted Love Teddy to target a much more mature and older audience. The original plot revolved around a teenage girl, Teddy Duncan, who had the perfect life.

Teddy was rich, pretty, smart, and had a handsome boyfriend. She was an only child. One day, while walking home from school, Teddy's life changes.

Teddy meets an old man, who seemed to be in pain and struggling. Teddy, being a kind hearted person, decided to help the man walk home.

Taking advantage of Teddy's kindness, the man rapes and brutally abuses Teddy, before leaving her to die on the side of the road.

The next day, Teddy gains enough energy to walk home to find her parents. She cries to them about what had happened, but her parents assume that she had been out drinking, so they punish her instead of comforting her.

After a few months, Teddy discovers that she is pregnant with the old man's baby. Terrified, she cries to her parents about it (again).

Instead, her cold hearted parents punish her again. They decided to homeschool Teddy to avoid any questions about her.

From there, Teddy's life goes downhill. Her boyfriend dumps her for another girl, her friends all ditch her, and her parents do not care about her.

When Teddy finally gives birth, the baby, originally named Grace (but in Good Luck Charlie, her name is Charlie), is born.

Teddy's parents agree on pretending to be Grace's birth parents, hiding the fact that Teddy is actually the real mother. Teddy poses as Grace's sister, but every night, Teddy would write a letter to Grace, starting it with,
Dear Grace ( Charlie ),

And she would write about how much she loved Grace, what had happened on that day, and how one day, she would be able to raise Grace as her own, before ending the letter with,
Your loving mother, Teddy

Or,
Love, Teddy

Like the title suggests.

It is said that a pilot was filmed for Love Teddy, featuring the original cast, excluding Bradley Steven Perry and Jason Dolley, the actors of Gabe and PJ respectively, since Teddy had no siblings.

However, the producers discussed on it and decided to change the storyline, landing Good Luck Charlie on screen. Few have seen the pilot of Love Teddy, as it was removed and locked in The vault, removing all evidence of wether this is a true story or not.

Only those who watched the pilot would know. Pity.