𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭!

"𝐌𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬; 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐭

"𝐌𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬; 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐭."

Dave's P.O.V

"Sweating bullets!" I sang as I saw the same van that pulled up at the house park in a spot near the entrance.

"Metallica's here guys!" I call out as everybody else stops playing their instruments.

I notice that Junior has been staring at me throughout the soundcheck. It's kinda cute. But who would ever want to date me? Well, maybe if he liked me it would be a one night stand. But he would never date me....right?

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Nick grabbing me by my shirt. "They're calling out Metallica first. Get ready!"/I was born ready! We're gonna kick their asses!" I yell out.

"Hey." I hear James say.

"Sup, we already did the soundcheck so just go first I guess." I say back.

"Tonight we have two bands that are competing: Megadeth and Metallica!" I hear my manager Scott say on the mic. They got here quick.

"Welp, it's time." I say as Nick, Marty, Junior, and I start walking behind James and the rest of the band.

The crowd cheers as James and his crew comes out, but they cheer louder as we walk out.

"Metallica first." I say with a cocky smile.

He shrugs his shoulders and begins to play. Something about this song seems awfully familiar about this song.

"They're playing For Whom The Bell Tolls!" Nick says behind me.

"I knew they were using a song they already released! How lame they couldn't even make something new nobody has heard?" I say as I cross my arms. I can't believe they would do that.

But nobody is saying anything about it. Just wait until they hear our new song, it'll blow them out of the water.

The crowd starts to cheer as they finish their song. Then, Scott walks up to the microphone, wonder what he has to say now.

"Now, give it up for Megadeth!" Scott says as the crowd claps and cheers.

"Hey everybody! Were Megadeth and this is our song called "Sweating Bullets". I say in the microphone as the gang starts playing.

" Hello me it's me again! In my misfits way of life. A dark,black past is my most valued possession." I say as the crowd starts to cheer. Already? Well that was quick.

"Hindsight is always 20-20, but looking back it's still a bit fuzzy. Speak of mutually assured destruction? Nice story, tell it to Reader's Digest!" I say as the crowd starts to cheer a little louder.

I just hit the chorus and they love it! They were clapping louder for us then they were for Metallica! How's that feel James? Oh, if only I could see the look on his face. But, I gotta give attention to the crowd, gotta have charisma.

"I'm in trouble for the things I haven't got to yet, i'm chomping at the bit and my palms are getting wet. Sweating bullets!" I say as the crowd goes wild.

Once I hit the second chorus, the crowd starts to sing the last five lines of the chorus. I haven't got to get my music out to the world like that yet, and this is best we've ever gotten so far.

James and his crew have made about five albums since 1983, and are pretty popular here, they're your average local band. We started in 1989, the year gap of where we started, and the fact that they are more popular than us really is surprising me that the crowd is loving us.

"Sweating bullets!" Me and the crowd sing as the song ends. They all clap and cheer as I smile and wave to everybody.

I look around and see smiling faces, until I get to James and the rest of his band. I turn around quickly and hold back a little chuckle.

"Ok, now time for the winners!" Scott says into the mic as he walks up in front of me.

"Give it up if you liked Metallica!" He says as the crowd claps and cheers. The crowd cheered a little too loud. Great, now i'm having doubts.

"Give it up if you liked Megadeth!" Scott says as the crowd cheers and claps, louder than they did for Metallica. Some of them go up from their seat and whistled.

I smile and wave at everybody and throw the horns up. The cheers grow louder as Scott tries to calm them down.

"You can't stop thrashers, Scott." I say as I put my hand on his shoulder. I smiled at the crowd and looked at James and his band one more time, and they looked even more mad than they were before.

This deserves a celebration.