My Miracle - one shot story-

Its the start of the holiday season, but for what Im feeling right now the cold air and the sweet smell of Christmas doesnt make any sense. 

I cant remember exactly where I was. I just walked unseeingly. Every fibre of my being seemed to be disconnected from me.

This feeling of desolation is something I've been accustomed to far longer than I can remember .

The street where I was is not well lit but I dont care. If there is someone out there who will harrass me tonight, I'd gladly welcome it. I was that despondent.

I continued to walk but it seems that the street is never ending. Just like my problems at home.

Dad never seemed to care about us and mom is busy making money to take care of our needs.

Every one fends for himself.

My brother works part time to support his studies because mom doesnt want to assist him financially unless he agree with her choice. She wants him to take business administration, he wants broadcasting.

He told me to be smart and strong. There is no one who will take care of me so I should be self sufficient.

I was alright for a while. But everyday is not the same. I was fine on my own but Im always lonely. I wanted someone to share my simple joys with.

I learned to play guitar. My parents doesnt know that I play better than average. I vent out my frustrations by playing songs and I joined a band.

When my mom saw my guitar she just looked at me absentmindedly then turned back to her work.

Working in the office seem to be not enough that she has to bring it at home.

Dad just laughed at me. Then asked me to buy him a "six pack" - his favorite beer.

I didnt mind it at the time. I just studied for study sake. I dont care if got low grades. I dont like the course that Im in at the university. It was my moms choice. I wanted to be a musician but either she didnt hear me when I told her or she doesnt care.

Mom found out that I failed in three subjects at school. I didnt think she cared, apparently, she wants something better for her daughter. She smashed my guitar into three pieces, then grounded me for two weeks.

When I got back with my friends they told me I'm off limits. My mother threatened to sue them if they allowed me back to play. Pointing out that I am still a minor. If you can call 18 years old a minor.

I was walking in a daze when I fell.

Suddenly I felt hands assisting me. They were gentle hands. I was not accustomed to kindness so I pushed at that person. I kept my face averted then I growled,

"leave me alone!"

I started walking again but the hands stopped me. In frustration I looked up ready to shout.

He was looking at me with kind eyes. Soft gaze that seem to say its ok to be sad. He was holding the broken guitar that I threw away after my friends pushed me out of the studio where we used to practice. He smiled and dimples showed on either side of his face. He looked, like an angel.

That was the last straw. If he just manhandled me after I pushed him away I'd still be able to bear it. But he just stood there and smiled.

I started shaking. Then my tears fell. Slowly at first, then it came in torrents. I was sobbing so hard that I know Im making a scene. Hell, somebody might even be recording the scene on his phone to bash me online afterwards.