Chapter 2

The coming of the good thing.

"I guess I'll be going, BYE."

The words that she said became remarkable to him. He thinks that even Queenielyn didn't choose from any of his options, those words we're enough to answer it. Yes, Queenielyn will never return.

"At least it's clear to say now that I really have to keep on doing this." He sighs and then returns inside their classroom.

After that day, everything turns back to normal, Jason keeps himself accompanying his other classmate, for at least he find the smiles that Queenielyn stole from him.

There are times when his classmate tries to make fun with him, they get along a lot of times now, and some of them are friends he lately noticed since all his eyes can see is Queenielyn. Dandy, Jofer, Darryl, Gerald, Christian, Aljean, Angelica, Noralyn, Maryanne, Monica, Karen and many to mention. With them, his able to suppress the pain he's facing, that he's surely kept on enduring 'til rest.

Time pass by, he can now get along with them even without looking for Queenielyn every time he enter the classroom, or even saying "GOODMORNING" to her. He told himself that finally, he's now able to live and start a day without her.

One day, Jason arrived late at school. "Here he is, hey, can I ask you what the taste of monosodium glutamate is?" Karen asked him with a little giggle. "So what to you, at least my lips are not as red as yours." Jason throws the words with a smile since he knows that it was just a joke.

Karen always makes fun of him, she constantly pissing him every time he arrived at school. But he gets too used of it already.

Since it's natural for the both of them now, every time Jason arrived at school he throws a joke on Karen too, but he's too fool not to realize that Karen is really that hard to understand. She's so serious, he cannot explain the times when her mood's fine, or when her mood are not. Jason was so curious about her so he find out why she acts like that.

One day, he caught her crying. "Why you're crying?" He asked. "It's nothing." Karen replied while crying. "You know what, whatever your problem is, keep smiling, you're wasting your smile, you go ahead or you'll look uglier." He said with a smile as he tries to make her laugh. "You really are crazy." She said with her face smiling slowly. "See, I told you, you're prettier when you smile." He added. Jason is a type of guy who never held back when it comes to his friend, he always lend a hand on them when they're in need. And so after that, he then decided to help Karen from keeping her smiling as he think that she needs someone's shoulder to lean on. "But you're still fatty as ever, you should lose weight. Hehe." He pisses her but she still laugh at it and throws back a joke. "At least I'm not like you, you're as skinny as ever." She said and they keep on laughing.

Their friendship is further deepened, and so they get along sometime together, day after day. Jason became so confused, "Why go further for them?" He said. As he recap himself from what he had just said, those words "I should have not trust anyone, or fall further for them, I'll be hurt for sure." But then, he's unable to stop himself as for it's who he is, laying a hand to others, going further for them, even overboard he do so. Suddenly he realizes that he's doing this because of only one reason, "I'm in love." He told himself.

And so Jason try to talk to Karen, it's all natural for them now since they've spent time to talk to each other this pass few days. But after this confession, it'll be different now, for his assurance.

"Hey, I'm going to bring the picture you need tomorrow, okay? Make sure you'll do it." Karen said. "Don't worry I'll make sure it'll be pretty." He said. "Of course it's pretty." She replied. "My sketch? Pretty? Hehe. Thanks." He said while smiling. "No, the one you're 'bout to sketch is pretty." She said. "Oh, yeah, you're pretty I know. Anyway, can I tell you something?" He said and feeling a little nervous. "What is it?" She said. "I'm not sure if it's real or not, but I'm sure that there is, I think, I like you." He said and still nervous. "Ha? Please, not me." She replied. "Why?" He asked and his face turns sad. "Just nothing, please not me." She added. Jason doesn't even know what to do after Karen rejected him. For all he thought he's prepared, yet, he's not, for the pain he'll feel, "I thought when I show them who really I am, and then people will accept me, but why? Why reject me?" He told himself. He tries to boost his morale and stay positive. "I know I'm not sure for what I feel, that may be I just find the happiness to Karen that Queenielyn brought me in the past, but I should not give up, if this feeling is real, I think I should never give up, I'll fight for it." And so he made up his mind.

Even though he still feels so sad about being rejected by Karen, he still continues for doing good things, just for Karen.

Jason arrived at school so early, just to see Karen, Karen is his inspiration now to do lot better in school. He wants to talk to her but she resist. She also throws a rugged face at me the whole day.

Now he doesn't know what to do, with Karen mad at him, he can't focus to everything he does.

"I have to talk to her, she shouldn't be mad at me, if I only know that it would turn out like this, I should have not started at all. But I have to face it since it's here already, beside, out of all the bad things, she's the good thing in me." He firmly said.