Chapter 1

"This is the end of my life." Ylva dramatically sighed when we secretly entered the pack house. I playfully hit her arm to make her stop complaining. She is making a noise and if she got caught, she will not be the only one dead. But both of us. 

It is late at night. Most of our pack mates inside are most probably asleep by now. However, Ylva and I are on a different page. This is our pack house but through the way we entered it soundlessly through the back door, we definitely looked more of a burglar or a thief. 

"You know that Alpha will not be happy once he learned what we are doing everytime we leave the house without his permission, right?" Ylva whispered worriedly on my side. We carefully hide on a wall then checked if there's someone who still lingers in the room.

All is clear.

I pulled her beside me, walking so softly on our carpeted floor. 

"He will not know if no one tell him." A sheepish smile had formed on my face. "Besides, he's not here right now. He has a three days pack business remember? Tomorrow will just going to be his arrival. And I'll make sure that when the sunshine arrived, we will be both ready welcoming him. Which only means, for now, we're perfectly safe." 

"But you wouldn't know. What if he's here now? What if we get caught? We will be both dead!"

I rolled my eyes at her. "Oh please, don't spoil my thoughts of positivity with your negativity." 

"I'm just being practical. If you just listened to me, maybe we don't need to do this anymore- entering like we're an outsider in our own house." She stubbornly reprimanded.

"But you loved it as much as I did. Remember, I didn't forced you to come with me. You chose to come." 

The lights are dim but she did not get the chance to hide the blush forming on her face. 

"I did it to protect you. You're my Luna and it's my responsibility. I can't just let you go there alone." 

"Yah, you tell me." I sarcastically answered. But honestly, I only did it to taunt her more playfully. It's funny how her pixie face could just glow in a blush in a matter of second. Her freckles are more prominent, and her red auburn hair adds up to the illusion of flames on her face. 

"B-but...I just, it was just...fun." 

"I know. That's why we are skipping. Because once Rafe learned about this, we will never had the chance to go back ther--"

"Go back where?" 

We're just about to open a door when we suddenly freezes. The lights seem to open in their own accord and behind us, two face of an angry males are directed on us. 

"Rafe! Ulric!" I almost choked. My breath is caught on my throat.

"Since when did you get back? Isn't it... you're supposed to be back tomorrow?" I nervously smiled but deep inside, my mind is shouting, 'why is he here? Why is he here? Why is he freaking here now?! My heart is beating in an abnormal phase because of anxiety.

Ylva is shivering beside me. Rafe's black orbs and gray irises seems to darken in each passing second. He looked at us hard enough but most especially, it was more directed at me. 

"I...I can explain." I said breathlessly. All of my bravado a while ago seems to vanish from me now. His dark aura is suffocating. Ulric who is standing beside Rafe and who is also giving us the stare, is now unconciously cowering back because of him. Ylva had already bowed down, submitting herself to the anger eliminating from the power of our Alpha. 

"R-Rafe," 

He growled, startling me and my wolf.

"Both of you to my office, now!" Like a thunder, his voice boomed and echoed. Ylva and I was left there stunned, watching Rafe and Ulric's back walking away. They are waiting for us on our unfinished business inside Rafe's office. 

Ylva was right. We're gonna be so dead.