☆ Teaser ☆

There was never a day where the table was empty of bodies. It was always used, stained of familiar chemicals. But of course, no one would notice, since Aesop Carl himself would be the one cleaning up his art. A wish fulfilled only after the living, the lifeless whispers of his patients were nonetheless nothing but a mere voice to be heard, trailed of a guilt of not being achieved earlier in their own life. But this time, the patient was at an unusual stage of decay. At this point, it had been far into the "bloating" stage and it was rare for someone else's family to request to embalm a body at a later date. Of course, Aesop was not surprised at the view he was subjected to, but rather just displeased with the repulsive smell.

But as his hands began to do their work, did he realize how the sides were infected with stab wounds. At least 7 slices of flesh were cut, but the areas rather dry to say the least. With every new evidence he found, it seems that his patient was of a murder victim, which explained why they had been brought in late. However, it didn't explain the fact that they were clothed. That wasn't supposed to happen. There was still evidence of dry blood and dirt upon their arrival. A few leaves had been stuffed in their pocket for some odd reason. No detective nor law enforcement would let their evidence be sent out looking like this.

They were never sent by their loved or police...

The body was sent from the killer themselves.

"Of course, how am I such an idiot..." Aesop muttered, a sigh escaping through. Another victim, another night of work. Even with his love for Embalming, the ash-haired never liked missing his sleep. "Desaulnier, if you keep doing this, I'm afraid I cannot meet all of my patient's desires."

"I know, Carl. But we made a deal, a pact that will not only benefit me but you also," speak of the devil and he shall come. The man chuckled in pleasure, his infamous work of his sword had been painted over the body, the slashes splotched of his dandy canvas. "You wanted answers, so I help you get them. All you need to do, is cover up my crimes. Is it too hard to ask?" he continued, a sly smirk find their way on pale skin. With gleaming blue ocean eyes, the light never seemed to shimmer the look of his sins.

A deal was a deal, and Aesop had sealed it with a tint of his blood. He was stuck with the murderer whether he liked it or not, but who's to say he wasn't the same?

"You and I are one and the same, our sins have taken a different route, but they meet in the same trail. So tell me, Aesop Carl, what is it that you really desire in this deal?"

"None of your business"

Joseph only smiled more, "We are partners in crime now, there's no need to be shy."

"I hate you."

"And so be it, but your hate would only fume my fondness of you..."