The fight.

( Kageyama and Hinata were practicing early morning in the gym, along with the rest of their team, as they were practicing for an upcoming game )

It was raining heavily outside, but the team didn't care. They were determined to win the game later that week. Each day, they had been up practicing extra early, and stayed extra late just to get a few plays down.

Kageyama and Hinata could be found along by themselves. They were helping each other with their weaknesses. While Hinata was scrambling to receive a ball, he tripped and landed on his face.

"Oi, Shrimp. What do you thing your doing, what's up with you?" Kageyama barked, grimacing at the sight of a frail boy on the floor.

Hinata immediately sprang up, "Nothing, Bakayama. Throw me another." He seemed rather annoyed.

Hinata was clearly irritated.

The cycle continues. Kageyama would spike a ball, and Hinata would miss by a landslide. Each time, Kageyama got more and more fed up, and Hinata became more and more determined.

After around a dozen tries, Kageyama spiked the ball so hard, it bounced off the floor and hit Hinata in the face. He fell over.

"That was totally on purpose!" Hinata complained, and they both shared annoyed looks.

Kageyama attempted to change the practice up, but Hinata was so determined to hit the ball, even though he was clearly tired and not up to the task. Eventually, Kageyama grew tired and sick of Hinata, and stormed out of the gym. He was trailed by looks and glances from everyone on his team, and was followed by Hinata.

"Ah.. I'll go get him..!" Hinata spoke.

Hinata wasn't close behind Kageyama, and within seconds he was on his tail.

"What's up with you, Kageyama?" Hinata pouted, "You're so grumpy today."

"Leave me alone." Kageyama said, but Hinata carried on.

After a few minutes of Hinata bugging him, Kageyama finally snapped.

"Can you just get lost? I don't want to talk to you. You're irritating to be around." He said in one breath, sharply, as if he couldn't wait to get it out.

"You're just tired because of all the practice we've been doing. Come on back, I need you to toss me some more before we have to leave!" Hinata put a hand on Kageyama's shoulder and attempted to stand on his tip-toes to see eye to eye with him.

Kageyama turned around sharply, pushing Hinata's hand away. "Don't you get it? I don't like you. Can't you just leave me alone?"

"..."

"..."

"You don't mean that-"

"Yes I do, now stop irritating me." Kageyama's words seemed to stab through Hinata's chest.

"Why are you always so bossy?" Hinata shouted. "I'm sick of you acting like this." He turned around and started to walk back. "You're not fit for the role of a king-" He attempted you crack a joke, but was cut off.

Kageyama lunged at Hinata, sitting on his stomach and pressing his hands against his chest. Hinata's clothes here instantly soaked by the rain, "I'm going to-"

"Get off of me!" Hinata squealed, his breath shortened, "Crazy-"

A fist slammed into the side of the frail boys face.

Almost instantly, blood spilled from his nose to the grass below him and into a puddle, which changed the color of the water from a clear brown to a slight red.

"Don't call me a king." He shouted between punches. Hinata hasn't even gotten a chance to stand up before he was hit.

"Stop it! Ah-" Hinata screamed, attempted to block the punches with his thin arms. Tears formed in his eyes and began to fall within seconds.

Kageyama didn't feel any remorse at all.

Around this time, people had heard shouts from the gym. Daichi poked his head through the door.

"H-.." He noticed the fight. "Hey! Stop!" He broke off into a run. The rest of the boys in the gym saw him, and followed close after him. Upon seeing the mess, Tanaka and Nishinoya quickened their pace.

"Idiot-! Get off of him!" Tanaka tackled Kageyama, they both fell into the grass and Tanaka put his arms around Kageyama's arms to restrain him from moving.

Nishinoya was instantly on his knees next to Hinata, Tsukishima behind him.

Hinata's nose had erupted in blood, and his right eye had begun to swell and unpleasant greenish color. He was soaked in water, and covered in mud.

To Hinata, the next moments were a blur. He could remember a blond with glasses pick him up and carry him to the infirmary. As he was carried, he spotted Kageyama staring at him, weary. Almost as if he had regretted it.

Hinata looked up at Tsukishima, who looked rather worried, and back down.

Hinata cried.