Chapter 3

Poppy's PoV:

We were jamming out at the party.

There were Glitter Trolls playing the drums, and DJ Suki was playing some beats.

Four Glitter Trolls formed into a disco ball.

The party was definitely out-of-control.

Creek was launching glitter balls out into the crowd.

No, wait, out-of-control is an understatement.

I heard a loud shout of "YOLO", and figured it must've been Smidge.

I was on a little platform, jumping up and down.

A part of me wondered what Branch was doing, and I felt as though I could feel his presence.

The truth was, I was constantly trying to get Branch to be happy. And it wasn't just because I wanted him to be happy.

It was because I had taken a liking to him.

Obviously, I had kept it a good secret. After all, no-one would expect the most positive Troll in the village to fall in love with the grumpiest, right?

But I had. There was no denying it.

I decided to distract myself from having thoughts about Branch.

"MORE POWER!!" I yelled to the crowd.

"Burst. It. Up!!" I called.

A large wave of glitter rumbled through the cheering Trolls.

I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person

The Chef was working in her makeshift campsite.

She planned on moving soon.

A bit of glitter crossed into her line of vision.

Her reflexes went to work, and in seconds she had a telescope set up.

A faint voice.

"I can't hear you!"

A firework blasted in the air.

"Trolls,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poppy's PoV:

"Okay, everyone. I just want to take a moment, get a little real." I began.

"Poppy! She's my friend! I know her!" Biggie exclaimed.

"Shh!" everyone shushed him.

"Mew," Mr. Dinkles added.

"I'd like to take a second to celebrate our king-my father-who, 20 years ago this night, saved all of us, from those dreaded-" I said, but a loud stomp-vibration cut me off.

"...Bergens," Dad whispered under his breath.

A large Bergen glared at us.

"Gotcha," she grinned.

"Um...cupcake?" I asked.

The Bergen unzipped a fanny pack-type pouch.

"RUN!" I shouted.

"Mr. Dinkles! Has anyone seen Mr. Dinkles?!" Biggie panicked.

The whole time, I was panicking, but a part of me was worried about my friends.

And Branch...

A purple Bergen-sized hand reached down and plucked Biggie off the ground.

"BIGGIE!" I yelled.

"Blend in! BLEND IN!" I shouted to all the other Trolls as they ran, frantic and scared.

"Run, Smidge!" I called to the small blue-haired Troll, but she was picked up with two long fingers.

"Poppy, help! Hurry!" two young kids said as Satin and Chenille were taken.

Cooper ran with us, screaming.

"COOPER!"

A familiar purple Troll was running around before he was plucked off the ground.

"CREEK!"

"Poppy!"

I flung my hair out, and he grabbed hold.

"Hold on...!" I strained myself.

Creek let go.

"Creek...!"

He was placed in the pouch with a bunch of other Trolls.

I observed from where I was standing.

"Bad Bergen! Bad, bad bad Bergen!" Dad continuously hit the Bergens' foot with his walking stick.

"Dad!" I ran over and pulled him out of the way as the Bergen's purple hand reached down to snag him.

I could feel my breath quickening as the Bergen peered down to where we were hiding. Hopefully, she couldn't hear us through the disguise.

The Bergen scoffed and stood back up.

"Thanks for throwing the biggest, the loudest-" she began.

"The craziest party ever!" Cooper interrupted. He was shoved back into the pouch along with the others.

I watched, heartbroken, as the Bergen stomped away, throwing a pod aside like it was nothing.

I stepped out into the open. If there was a time I could feel even more heartbroken than I already was, this was it.

The village appeared to be destroyed, with several pods turned over.

"Is it coming back?" a Troll asked.

"What are we gonna do now?" a paint-splattered Troll named Harper added.

"We have to find a new home. Everyone, hurry! We have to leave, before...before the Bergens come back!" Dad said.

"We have to rescue them!" I argued.

"Poppy, we have to leave," he tried.

"Everyone, come on!" Dad continued.

"What about...no Troll left behind?" I asked, feeling even more heartbroken, if that was possible.

Dad stopped in his tracks, then turned around and faced me.

"I'm sorry Poppy. That was a long time ago and...I'm not the king I once was," Dad admitted.

"Then I'll go. I'll go and...save them." I said before I had a chance to actually comprehend what I was saying.

"No, Poppy. It's too dangerous!" Dad said.

"I have to at least try," I argued.

"No, you can't go to Bergen Town by yourself. It's impossible."

I felt as if my heart had shattered into a million tiny, microscopic pieces.