Chapter 1 (Alison POV)

• Dedicated to Chelsea Anne Marney

        The night my mother went into labor with me, was January 18th 1994, she was 32 years old at the time. In my family 32 is Quite old to have a kid, they would start popping babies out in there mid 20's. My family envied her, her amazing life explained why she had me at the age of 32. she yearned to travel, to expand her mind, and explore what the world had to offer before she brought a child into it. She wanted a story, and once she had me she had all the stories in the world to share, she traveled everywhere, but no matter how amazing the amazon was, or how beautiful the eiffel tower looked under the starry midnight sky, there was no place like Cali. My mother loved California, at a very young age she was in many commercials, and guest starred in a few television series nothing to serious, but still her life seemed so miraculous, somthing people dream about. Somthing I dream about. My life.... well we'll get to that.

       The hospital was packed that night, my mother described a whole bunch of teenagers my age comotosed from the after affects of prom night. It was hard to get the nurses attention, there was about one main hospital in springfeild Oregon, and going into labor on prom season is'nt the best luck. My mother dealt with pain well. She squeezed on a stress reliever ball while killing my fathers left hand, but she didn't bitch or yell, she was calm and collected. She was ready for this, but the girl in the next room was another story, she screamed, pleaded that they kill her, and save the baby. Once my mother was stable and her contractions seemed to be hours apart, she had time to listen to what was going on with the lady in the next room. The doctors seemed to be having trouble with her couperation, she over heard the nurses talking;

"She's only 18, and she's not ready for this kind of high volume pain" one nurse said.

"We're trying to reach her family, but no one seems to care, shes all alone in this" another nurse replied in a sympathetic voice. My mothers eyes fill with concern. She thinks for a second, and despite the pain, and without hesitation, she decides to get up while the girl was stable to see if she could make the young girl feel more at ease, The girl  seems to be in a better condition then before.

"where are you going" my dad grabs her arm gently and persuades her to lay back down.

"I'm fine, but that young girl needs someone for support, i'll be right back" she smiles, grabbing his chin and planting a sweet kiss on his cheek.

 My dad knew he could never win over my mothers caring heart so he let her go, grabbing her arm as she wabbles her way towards the door. She sneaks out of her room past the young tan secretery  reading an US weekly. The girl was half awake when my mother entered her room. She looked bewildered, she knew it wasn't a nurse by the oversized ugly hospital gown, and the big baby bump. As my mom got closer, the girl's eyes got wider. She pulled up her blanket to cover half her face, like she was trying to hide from something.

"Who are you!?" she silently yells.

"Hey i'm Delilah don't worry i'm here for moral support" she smiles, her white vibrant smile.

"I don't even know who you are, how can you make this any better" she replies in a bitter tone, it doesn't bother my mother knowing the girl is in pain, and ready to attack anyone in her way.

"Well i mean i'm new to this as well, we can help eachother through it" she implys smiling softly. The girl stared at my mom with a (this lady is crazy) look, but its not like she couldn't use the company, the hospital is a scary place for a young girl. finally she gives in, and smiles.

"whats your name?" my mother reaches out for the girls hand, surprisingly the girl doesn't pull away.

"Elizabeth" my mother barley cathces her weak voice.

"Elizabeth Fletcher" she adds.

"Ellie for short" she throws in a warm crooked smile. Her face soon turns cold and she screams, it was time. An older nurse comes in with brown hair, and gray roots.