Kids!

8 Months into the marriage...

I screamed for Glaiza, dali-dali naman itong pumasok sa CR where I was. It was early in the morning. We were trying to get pregnant and the reason I screamed for her is because I have gotten results from multiple pregnancy test kits.

"Lablab?! Bakit ka sumisigaw?!" Humahangos ito mula sa kwarto namin. She looked worried.

"I-I'm sorry. I just need you with me." I said to her.

This was the first time we will test for pregnancy, matapos kaming magpa-IVF 5 months ago, I wanted to be sure before testing myself. Kanina, hindi ko na natagalan at nag-test na ako. Though apat na months na akong hindi dinadatnan ng menstruation ko, I just didn't want it to be a false alarm. I don't want to stress myself. Hindi kasi makakabuti ang stress sa pagbubuntis ko.

"For what?" She asked me.

"For this." I showed her the packs of pregnancy test kits I bought, there were about 10 packs, para maka-siguro.

I already had them opened at I followed the instructions in the pamphlet that came in with the pregnancy test kits.

"Lab? Ang dami naman niyan." She said, worry etched in her eyes.

"I wanted to be sure love, iba't-ibang brand namam eh." I said to her.

This earned me a tight hug from her as she laughed at me.

"Lab, don't you think this is a little extra? I mean one should be enough right?" She said laughing at my misery.

"Lab! Gusto kong siguraduhin eh. Mabuti na to at least may sampung point of reference tayo." I said to her.

"Okay, okay. Ilang minutes na?" She asked me.

"Three." I answered her.

"Have you seen the results?" She asked me.

I could only shake my head no, tikom ang bibig ko, takot akong tignan ang resulta, naka-patong lang ang mga kits sa lababo, sunod-sunod sila doon. She sat me first at the toilet bowl. She got all of the testing kits mula sa sink and sat herself sa bathroom floor, naka-indian sit ito as she looked at the first test.

"This one is positive." She said smiling at me.

"Okay, how about the next one?" I asked her.

"Yes, this one too." She said smiling.

We went over all of the kits, everyone of them are positive. We hugged each other and cried. We can't believe we are pregnant. First thing we did was schedule an appointment with my Ob-Gyne, naligo at pagtapos ay nag-bihis na para mag-punta sa doctor. Currently nasa doctor's office na kami, naghihintay ng turn namin ni Glaiza. She held my hand as we waited for the doctor.

When it was my turn, we entered the doctor's office.

"Good Morning Doc Rhian." The doctor greeted me.

"Good Morning din Doc Apple." I said to her.

"Good Morning din Doc Glai." Doc Apple greeted Glaiza.

"Good Morning din Doc Apple." Glaiza greeted her back.

"Anong atin?" Doc Apple asked us.

"We're pregnant we think." Glaiza and I said in chorus.

Doc Apple smiled at us, she got her patient file and asked me questions. Pag-tapos ipinakita namin sa kanya ang pregnancy tests namin na nagsasabing positive na buntis ako. She smiled at us at nag-biro maya-maya.

"Well now we can't be wrong, lalo pa't sampung pregnancy test kits ang nagsasabing buntis nga si Mrs. Galura." Doc Apple smiled at us.

"We'll see in a wee bit if this is true. Follow me please." Doc Apple said.