Part 15 updated the images

Part 15

"Hello!" He said.

She didn't say anything. She was staring at him with wide eyes. She was surprised that her Aiyyappa has send someone to save her at the right time.

She straightens herself and separated from him.

"I am Aryaman. And your welcome." He tried to proceed the conversation.

She fumbled, but straightens herself and said "umm..I'm sorry... and thanks for not making me fall.." she didn't wanted to drag any kind of conversation with this stranger so she looked for a cab.

"I guess you were lost." He asked.

She didn't answer.

"Taxi." She called.

He understands her avoidance and proceed with calling a cab for her. He whistled loud enough to call a cab to a halt.

She sat in the back seat and peaked out of the window.
"Thanks again..."

The cab moved forward.

She reached home in no time. She walked through the balcony to enter her room. Thankfully everyone was asleep including Navya and Aliya.

She lay down on her bed with her eyes wide open. Sleep was not a very good friend of hers tonight.

Only thing that's going through her mind was the betrayal Manik did to her. She wanted to be strong when she faced Manik, and didn't wanted to show her vulnerable side to him.

She will be brave and strong enough to handle every damn situation that's thrown at her. The only way that will work for her right now is to not give up to her emotions easily. She tossed and turned and sleep engulfed her at last almost close to the morning.

***********

Manik's eyelids were feeling very heavy when he tried to open his eyes next morning. He rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands and tried to open it. His head feels like breaking apart. He held his head in his hands and make himself sit up on his bed.

He looked around to collect his thoughts remembering himself crying off in Granny's lap. Then he's out. He turned around to get off of the bed but found two aspirins and a glass of lemon water laying on the side table. He smiled and gulps it down. He left his legs hanging from the bed and rest his head in his hands for a while.

'Manik, you have to get a hold on yourself. It's a new day today and it's a new morning. Puck up and be ready to face the world. Or rather face Nandini...' He thought.

He has no idea how Nandini's behavior is going to be when he see her again.

He went straight into the shower to get fresh.

.............

"Maria! Bring the coffee pot and his breakfast on the breakfast table here. I can hear the shower he's awake..." Granny called Manik's cook Maria with a happy face.

"Yes ma'am." Maria answered happily. She always feels overwhelmed to see Granny in Manik's penthouse. Because Maria noticed that only few people loved Manik genuinely. Granny is one of them.

Manik rushes down the stairs bringing a smiling face with him showing Granny that he's all good, his head is still not intact.

"Good morning Granny..". She was sitting on the breakfast table waiting for him. He came near her and hugged her with love and gave a warm kiss on her wrinkled cheek.