The Dream

The chimes of the clock tower rung through the land of Relfrost as the hour struck midnight, shrouds of darkness filled the castle and it's people with darkness and fear as everything was swallowed whole by the ominous dark clouds, leaving nothing in its path. In the darkness a glint of light shined, the realms beloved kings raced through the once vibrant and proud halls of their castle. Following closely behind them was a frosty white tigress and a magnificent golden lion. Upon the back of the lion was an elegant leather harness embroidered with a golden male lion sitting tall with two snakes below his paws, two young boys held on tightly to each other and the beast. While upon the Tigresses shoulders was a wicker basket firmly strapped around her body, within it two infant girls; fast asleep while wrapped tightly in their blankets.

King Mikhal, King of North pushed his dark auburn hair as he glanced at his daughter's, fear showing from his hazel eyes. Flashes of green and gold shimmered through as he thought of the past few nights. His square jaw clenched tight "What a stupid mistake I made," repeated in his head. A gentle, mystical voice appeared in his mind, "Do not fear my bond," he glanced toward the majestic tigress "we will get the children to safety, we must keep running." He nodded as he glanced at the broad shouldered man. .King Gerard, King of the South, his long red hair was flattened against his head from sweat, his gray eyes focused forward, searching. They had fought their way through creature after creature to the nursery in order to reach their children, with only hope that they were still safe. He had put both their children in danger but King Gerard's bravery never faltered even as they ran for their lives. "What would he do if he were in my place," Mikhal thought.

"Mikhal, damn it focus," Gerard's voice was rough stern, "We are running out of time, where is that damn door," he growled impatiently. Porta Servis Suis, the door of the servants would take them to the Magic Hall. A hall that with only one thought would take them to their destination, used by the servants to quickly move about the castle unseen, and usually forgotten about by the royals; and as if the castle itself heard his words, a large wooden door stained black with the symbol of a grey mouse carved in the center, appeared in front of them.

A moment of hesitation crossed their minds as they approached the black door, the lack of knowing what they may encounter did not set well. Sounds of crackling little laughter raced closer to the kings, "Open it," Mikal commanded, "they are upon us."

Gerard opened the door, a steady grip on his long blade ready for an attack. But there was no attack when they entered inside. Gerard entering first with the animales following behind and Mikhal bringing up the rear. The hall was dark, the only light came from the candles lit on the sides leading down the path to an amber door with a large white mouse imprinted at the top.

Inside they found a large courtyard with a massive fountain in the middle made of white marble, on top sat a giant mouse pouring water from its paws to the side mice holding large bowls as the water fell graciously to the bottom. If they had been here any other night the warm summers night would make this place much more magical than it had already appeared. Behind the magical fountain were four doorways all with a mouse statue along side the door.

They glanced at a wooden door with a white mouse statue and recognized it as the

servants of the royal family quarters. "Narasimha said that is the door we need," the tigress said.

The door relieved a large living room; inside was a brown haired man trying to

comforting a crying woman wrapped in his arms resting at their feet was a panda and a grey wolf, their calm sending comforting waves through each of their bonds. In front of the fireplace, a tall man with a large muscular build paced back and forth, with his arms crossed behind his back. His posture was rigid and straight with his head held high. He kept his copper hair combed back and out of his dark chocolate brown eyes. He wore formal Military clothing embroidered with the same lion on the harness. His dark blue shirt was torn through the middle exposing his dark chest. He wore long black riding boots over thick pants and along a piece of his torn shirt laid a bright red metal that gleamed against the light of the fire. He looked up at the sound of the door opening ready to attack as a small Tasmanian Devil responded to the kings' entry. He jumped into alertness and charged the kings with every intention to kill those who had intruded. Before the kings had time react to the creature charging at them, the man aggressively yelled in his deep voice, "Hastings Tardo!, it's the kings!" with those words the animale returned to his bond's side just as quickly as it had reached the door.