Abigail

"Hey babe, did I leave my contacts at your house last night?", asks Matthew, over the phone.

        "Oh yeah, looks like they are on the bedside table. Do you need me to bring them?" Abigail replies, while putting on her shoes.

She needs to get to work or she will be late, but stopping to see Matthew would be well worth it.

"Please, unless it will make you late?"

Abigail thinks for a second.

"No it is fine, I have time"

With her shoes finally on and the clasps fastened, she walks and grabs her purse, taking out the keys to lock the her apartment door.

Once outside the door she hears a noise behind her. 'Oh no its the neighbor's kid. Arent the ever in school???' she thinks, already formulating how she will get out of the conversation.

"Hey Abigail" says Sid, Abigail's neighbors' son.

Sid has a very obvious crush on her and annoys her very much. Not because he has a crush on her, but because of how vulgar he is. For a 10 year old, he knows many more choice words than he should.

She sighs before speaking.

"Hi Sid. Im kind of in a rush, we can talk-"

"Oh its ok", he interrupts her, "i just wanted to tell you that you look smoking hot today. A real looker"

Abigail does not have the patience for this kid today.

"Sid i have told you before not to talk to me like that. I am double you age, have a partner, and I deserve respect. You shouldn't talk to anyone like that. Its going to get you smacked"

This doesnt phase him at all, instead his comeback is just as terrible as he is,

"I will gladly get smacked anytime if you do it"

Abigail lets out an exasperated sigh and just walks past Sid, down the stairs and out the door.