Weak

People have these… Perfect lives, a big family, a nice house, a lot of money… But what do I have? Piercings, Tattoos, Cuts on my wrists, long black and red hair, and a demon inside of me called depression. Some call me “Gay” “Fag” “Emo kid”. But I won’t deny anything, If I do I’ll get punched or pushed to the ground. People have it so much better than me. My life at home isn’t any better. An alcoholic father and an over worked stressed out mother. They both look like they haven’t slept for days and they take it out on me. I don’t get much sleep anymore, after my sister died 4 years ago… I was 12 she was 16 and she just got her license and was driving home when a drunk driver spun out of control and hit the right side of her car. Air lifted to the hospital the doctors say she died upon impact. That day haunts me, I used to be a healthy 12 year old. 130 pounds mostly muscle, but after what happened my apatite changed. I lost 1 then 2 then 10 then 20 pounds. Of course my parents didn’t care, I became a walking skeleton and to this day I’m still trying to lose weight.

            I walk into school on a beautiful Tuesday morning around 7:35. 10 minutes before the bell rang. As I pass person by person giggle by giggle, I still hear the names echo in my head like my mind was an empty alleyway that would never end. It was a cycle I couldn’t understand, I walk into class test day. Test. Day. I forgot! How could I forget?? Oh, it was probably all the screaming I listened to last night about the divorce my parents have been talking about for the past 3 and a half years. The test is placed in front of me by a guy named John who was passing out the papers for the test, but on it is a sticky note. It reads, “Meet me outside 3:00 sharp. BE THERE.” I had no idea where outside meant, but I just know from every stereotypical movie it means behind the school. Later that day in English class I see John again this time with his girlfriend Tammy. Which she looks at me with that look, like that type. So I gave her that look back. THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER. John turns and looks at me at the exact moment I do. He walks over, I never seen a face so… red. Like a tomato or an apple, He storms up to me and grabs the chest of my tight band t-shirt. “Look buddy, I’m going to give you 3 chances to tell me why I shouldn’t kill you right now.” I giggle a bit. “You think I care? I’ve been beat by you for the past 3 years.” “Alright” he says loudly. Thinking that he would back away after letting go of my shirt. He rips out my piercing in my lip and my ears, punches me in my nose and my stomach. Out comes the blood from my nose and out my mouth. You might think a teacher would help but most of them hate me anyways.

            I get out of school but oh no there is John, but he isn’t finished. It’s winter. He throws me in a snow bank, but it’s not a snow bank. It’s a concrete post meant for holding a light pole. I wake up hours later, it’s dark. I check my soggy phone. 11:37 pm, oh crap. I sprint home, to little surprise my parents are still arguing. My father throws his half empty glass beer bottle at the tip of my head. “What happened to you buttercup?” As I get even more frustrated I catch the bottle and throw the bottle back. It hits him right in the nose, it’s broken. My father is too intoxicated to notice the pain, I walk up the stairs and fall into my bed. Hoping that my bed would vanish and turn into a deep abyss leading to my death. I miss school the next few days.

            “Baby its fine… calm down… don’t do this… hey Tammy listen! I’ll pick you up in 10 minutes.” As I walk out to my car I see a note. “John you will regret what you have done.” Wondering what it could mean, but I didn’t think much all I knew is beating up Max made Tammy super mad so I have to go and take her out. Minutes later I arrive at Tammy’s. “Hey babe you okay? I kissed her. “Yeah whatever just drive.” I’m just wondering why she’s so mad.. “Why would you do that to him” She asks fearfully. “He was making faces at you, I promised you if anyone messed with you I would take care of it!” I scream. “You didn’t have to slam his face into concrete!!” She yells back. “GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY CAR!” I scream at the top of my lungs. I stop, a hard stop. She hits her head on the dashboard and gets out.

            I’ve moved on, I was getting bored anyway. But I haven’t seen Max for a few days, eh. Later that day our teacher reads the note… “Max Durham found dead in his room at 4:45 am this morning, investigators found cuts into his arm and empty bottle of pills”

                                                            3 DAYS LATER

“John Evans found dead in his room, pills by his side.”