Worst Day Ever

I wake up, smiling as I see the sun shining through my window, it will be a great day! Why? Because today is EXACTLY one year ever since me and Angelo started dating. Surely he remembers! I get up and take a deep breath. What can POSSIBLY go wrong now? I fly into the bathroom and take a cool shower, brushing my teeth at the same time. Once I'm done, I walk to my closet and put on my light blue dress and brush my long black hair, braiding it once I'm done. My braids always look better when my mom does it. But I look decent. I never put on make up or anything because I find myself pretty anyway. I love my light brown freckles on my cheeks, my big blue eyes that match my face frame perfectly, but my full, hot pink lips are my pride. I don't want to sound full of myself, but I do find myself pretty.

I mean if you don't love yourself, then who will? No one.

I smile slightly and then pack all my homework into my bag and run into the kitchen, grabbing some butter and putting it on my bread, gobbling it up. For some reason, my mom is still not here. Maybe she came home drunk again, or she's very sore after... whatever she's done last night.

I love my mom and all, but sometimes... I just want to argue with her about stuff like that. She is just killing herself with this bull. She comes drunk, she takes drugs, and she sleeps with random men every night, sometimes coming home after midnight. She tells me not to be like her and not trust anyone. Especially men. So she's very against me dating Angelo, even though she never met him. I wonder what she'll say once I tell her that I lost my virginity to him.

Once I eat my buttered bread, I take a sip of water and walk to my shoe closet. I pull out my mom's black heels. She never wore these anyway, and they'll look good with my light blue dress. I can't wait to see Angelo.

Once I get to school, I look for Angelo. I end up walking to class alone, without his hand around me. I don't give up on looking for him, I enter the class, knowing that we both have Algebra first period. He wasn't there. It was strange, something must've happened. He never skips class, which is number one reason I started dating him.

For the rest of the day, I didn't see him, I came up with a conclusion that he's sick. He didn't answer my calls or texts. So after school, I decide to walk to his apartment. On my way to his place, I buy some donuts. If he's sick, we'll just lie on the couch and eat some donuts, while watching a random movie. And if he wasn't home, I would go home and eat those myself. Who would resist a good dozen of donuts?

Once I get to his place, I find his door open, and I decide to walk in without ringing the door bell or knocking. Once I enter, I notice a pair of red high heels on the floor, and a pink crop top next to it. What the hell-?

Moan.

This can't be happening, I must see everything the wrong way. Maybe it was his mother, or sister. I take a deep breath and walk to his room, opening the door. I find a blond, half naked girl on top of him. I don't say a word until he finally notices me, my eyes narrowed in hate, my hands squeezing a box of donuts, and my teeth clenched. Even though I really looked pissed, my heart was breaking inside.

I am weak, but I hate showing it.

"Astrid!" Angelo exclaims. "It's... I... This is not what it looks like!" He says and pushes the woman out of his way, walking up to me, shirtless. He wants to take my hand, but I push him away.

"All this time...I was just your side chick?" I say, unbelievably. "Mom was right...I should never trust men."

"Astrid, please, I'm sorry, I just..." he began but there was no excuse he could give me. So I decide to speak for him.

"You just felt like sleeping with another girl. And I shouldn't even bother asking if you remember what day it is today." I say and he looks away. "Today is EXACTLY one year since we've officially started dating. March sixteenth."