Not the best timing (Chapter one)

Authors Note: So this fanfic will contain all the boys from One Direction. This chapter is just for establishing the senerio. I should be posting every couple of days. Hope you like it. 

 ***************************************************************

Mom and Dad got a divorce. I mean I should have seen it coming from the countless fighting but never did I expect it to happen.”

“Well, I am sorry to here that dude but are you okay? Like you’re not like upset or anything?” I couldn’t really tell how I felt. I was upset but in a way I was glad it’s over. It was affecting my baby sister in way no child should ever feel. I was more worried for her than about my parents killing each other.

“I am fine honestly. I better tell Trisha. I’ll see you tomorrow at school.” I hung up without even a good bye. Knowing Natalie she’d want to come to my house and check on me non stop. Really annoying if you ask me, but it’s nice that she cares. I struggled to get myself off my bed. All that was running through my head was how is Trisha going to take this? She’s only 7 years old.

“Hey Trish you awake?” I knocked on her door quietly.

          “Huh? Y/N, it’s really late I have school tomorrow.”

          “This is serious.” I sat on her bed and turned on her nightstand light. I hope she’s going to listen; she kept rubbing her eyes and yawning as she sat up.

          “So how do you… Hey!” I snapped my fingers to keep here eyes from drooping shut.

          “So how do you feel about mom and dad?” She didn’t even hesitate.

          “Love them both!”

“Is that all what about their marriage?”

“It’s going good! I love them both!” I had to be patient with her but the frustration wasn’t helping.

“Do you hear mom and dad fighting all the time?” Trisha’s eyes shut and she paused. She leaned her head down a bit. I guess I hit the soft spot.

“Yeah…”

“Do you like it?”

“No…” she was talking very quietly. I think she knew what was going to pop out of my mouth wasn’t good. Her curly black hair covered her face.

“Mom and dad are getting a divorce.” She looked up at me with an astonished look.

“What?” She squeezed her eyes shut.

“It’s better that way. I know it hurts you but we will be happier-“She jumped out of her covers and into my arms. She started sniffling. I could feel my blue v-neck get warm and wet on my shoulder. The sniffles grew bigger and bigger.

“It’s okay! Trish, everything is going to be okay. Now go back to bed. I will take you out for ice cream after school.” I set her down and tucked her back in. I could have said something more comforting but I seriously had nothing else to say. I have no idea how a seven year old would feel during a divorce. I kissed her forehead and shut of her light. As I did, I saw our family picture on her night stand. I don’t think she needs a reminder of the divorce so I took it. I walked out and shut the door ever so slowly to make sure Trisha was going to sleep. I could see the tears rolling down her face. Her brown eyes weren’t visible. I finally shut the door and threw the picture in the trash can.

I was going downstairs to tell my parents about Trisha but I couldn’t have come at a worse time. I felt like I was in the middle of world war three. My mom was shoving my dad away from herself.