Chapter 2

EVE hovered through an abandoned city, scanning every area she came across. With every scan came the all too familiar buzz and red light on her chest.

"Be sure to focus on abnormal structures and dirty land. Not dirty as in filthy, I mean dirty literally." GEN suggested to her creation, only being responded to with a nod. EVE eventually came across a clearing surrounded by tires. Considering such an abnormal structure, she began scanning.
"Tires. Not high hopes of a plant being in here." GEN says to EVE, not wanting to waste any time. But alas, she kept scanning. Breaking the almost silence, the faintest pitter-patter could be heard from behind.
"POTENTIAL HOSTILE!" GEN warned loudly. EVE hastily shot behind her, not seeing anything at first. But after a few seconds, a cockroach crawled from the crater made by EVE's pulse cannon shot.
"Oh. Well, would you look at that?" GEN rhetorically asked as EVE offered what was now her hand to the small creature. The cockroach took the offer, crawling up EVE's arm then onto and around her body, making the probe giggle.
"I was hoping we'd find one of these. I thought that if we did, it could act as a sort of morale keepe-" GEN explains before an unidentified robotic noise sounded from EVE's far right.
"CONFIRMED THREAT! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!" GEN screamed, EVE doing as GEN said and shooting at the unidentified entity. However, EVE didn't manage to hit the entity after firing a whole three shots; one for every time it tried to take cover behind a mound of tires.
"Threat unmoving. Approach slowly. Speech frequency set to interrogation." GEN said in a serious tone. EVE did as GEN instructed, slowly hovering towards what she could now identify as...a trembling cube?
"Identify yourself." EVE demanded of the cube. Yet, no response.
"Repeat. Identity yourself."
Still no answer. Despite the cube's harmless appearence, EVE didn't let up. She kept her ion cannon set on the suspicious looking entity, waiting for it to make a move. After a few more moments, two small binocular shaped eyes rose up ever so slightly from the base of the cube to see EVE with slanted eyes and a gun aimed directly towards it. EVE's cockroach crawled up her arm and onto the muzzle of her cannon.
"Don't get too close." EVE warned her friend. The still shaky robot extended one of its supposed three fingered hands towards the cockroach. It jumped from EVE to the unidentified robot, settling it down. Such action revealed that the cockroach in fact wasn't EVE's, but the other robot's!
"So, it's yours?" EVE asked sternly. Despite her slight disappointment, EVE quickly disregarded the fact.
"You. Don't move." EVE said to the U.R as she scanned it. Not finding anything of interest, EVE retracted her pulse cannon and hovered away from the still unidentified robot as if it were never there.

"Welp, the only thing we gained from that experience was the lack of a helper. Let's keep moving." GEN says casually as EVE did so.

"That robot though. It looked like...a Wall-E..."