Chapter 5

I dedicate this chapter to my lovely brother. We rarely talk to each other now, but we still give a love implicitly. Love you, Bro.

****

Let's do this, Stranger.

****

My mind is full of thought about Amru's behavior. He's so confusing me. I'm slinging my purse over my shoulder while walking heading to the parking area. I almost forget about my brother. How do I act in front of him? He was overreacting when Amru whispered very close to my ear. I hate him when he's so protecting me. Meanwhile, I didn't do the wrong thing, right? So what? What did I should do? Slapped Amru's cheek? How crazy.

When I almost near Salman's car, I take a deep breath to calm me down. He must be still angry with me. Huft, I'm the one who supposed to be angry at him. He yelled at me in front of my friends. That was an embarrassing moment. Actually, we often fight each other, but mostly about a silly thing and end up being a joke. Such as I used to get my make up so long, or put my hijab about an hour, or about Salman stole my food, teased me as threw a pillow or snacks at me while I was watching Korean drama on Smart TV. We rarely fight about a serious thing. That's why I'm so nervous and feel awkward at him now.

I see Salman is playing his phone and doesn't realize my appearance. I pretend to cough a few times to make him realize that I've already here. He flinched and puts his phone into his pocket, then open the car door for me with hesitant. I get in the car without saying anything. As I put my seat belt on, he clears his throat and holds the steers tightly.

"Ready ?" He asks with a soft tone. I just give him a nod without looking at him. He is starting the car and move out of the parking area.

We stay in silence the entire time, both of us lost in thought. I'm featuring through the window. Why does it feel so long to arrive at home? I can't handle this awkward anymore. I see the road, and suddenly Salman stops the car in front of the book store.

"What are you doing? Why are we here ?" I ask with a hesitant tone.

"I need some books for reference to my project. Let's go." He states with a flat tone. I just wonder and put my seat belt off and go out of the car, following him.

The book store is so fancy with teak wood shades. I can see some fake flowers which are very beautiful and classic in the cases and every corner of the store. There is plenty of spaces for sofas. Yes, we can seat while waiting or read a book there. How generously. I love the smell of the book store. It makes me feel calm and relax.

"You can pick some books that you are interested in. Just if you want." His offer makes my eyes widening.

"Are you sure ?"

"Yeah." He replies as flipping the book in his hand.

"Can I pick more than two? You will pay for my books, right?"

"Sure and of course I'll pay for it."

I close my eyes as I smile with a glory feeling. Does he try to bribe me? As an apology? Well, if he does then he successes to make me delete the hated memory about him in the cafeteria. I jump a little and walk fast to explore the entire book store.

"You pick 5 books?" My brother asks with surprise in front of the cashier.

"Hehehe. Can I? I love all of these books." I frown and sound like a little kid asks their parents.

"Fine." He sighs and closes his eyes for a second. I smile and embrace his arm.

"Thank you, brother," I say with a cute tone.