Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"You get to come home today!" I exclaimed, kissing Niall's cheek.

He chuckled, squeezing my knee. We were alone in his hospital room (only for a few minutes) and I was sitting beside him with my knees over his pelvis, and my arm behind his back. Niall had his hand over my kneecap, and his arm was behind my back whilst his hand was on my love handle.

"Yes, I do. Are you coming home with me today? Or are you going out with the others?" he asked, massaging my knee with his thumb.

"If you want me to, I can go with you. I don't have any other plans."

"I want you to stay." He smiled, kissing my jaw.

"Then I will."

We got to be alone for another ten minutes before five of my favorite people barged in. Harry, Josh, Liam, Louis and Zayn busted into the room, and suddenly our quiet time turned into a party of seven. Niall tightened his grip on me slightly when they came in, but released me when he saw it was only them.

"That is so gross," Liam teased, pointing at me sitting in Niall's lap, "Keep those hands above the blanket Niall."

Niall shook his head with a smile on his face, and pulled me closer to his chest. Harry sat at the foot of the bed, with his legs over the plastic border of the bed. Zayn took one of the chairs off to the side whilst Liam sat on the windowsill. Louis kind of just hovered around the door. Josh came over to the side of the bed where my back was and leaned against the wall. They got comfortable and they soon sparked up a conversation.

"There's not a chance that-"

"It did, I saw it!"

"Were you drunk?"

"No."

"You hesitated!"

"Piss off!"

I didn't even know what they were talking about. Niall and I kept to ourselves as the boys around us carried on about whatever it was they were talking about, and we were content. Since the incident that left Niall in the hospital, he and I both have been on edge about things. Sudden noises, people barging into the room, anything really. I've barely left his side in the week and a half that he's been in here.

Eventually, a lady in her late thirties came into the room and smiled at Niall.

"Mr. Horan?"

"That's me!"

"I assumed so, you're the only one in a hospital gown!" she laughed at her own joke for a second before continuing, "Mr. Horan, I am pleased to say that you are officially discharged. Take as long as you need to get ready, and then on your way out notify the nurse at the desk so she can escort you out."

He nodded his head, and the nurse said goodbye as she walked out. Niall smiled at me and gently patted my side for me to get up so he could get dressed. I was sent into the bathroom whilst he changed, and after five minutes of me hearing Niall groan and the boys shouting, I was allowed out.

Niall looked a little agitated with himself as he worked on walking on his crutches. His bad knee was still wrapped up under his sweatpants, but it was bulky enough so you knew there was something around it. Niall smiled at me when I walked out, but it was a momentary smile because he went back to looking disgruntled with himself.

"You ready, Niall?" Liam asked, looking rather protective of Niall.

"Just give me a second to get used to this."

"Sure thing."

We were in the room for another five minutes until Niall felt confident on the crutches. Once he was ready, we all made a large circle around him to protect him from the fans around the hospital, but also to help in case he fell. We took the elevators to the bottom floor, and then we pushed through to a van waiting at the front of the hospital. Once the doors to the van closed we were headed towards the house.