Chapter One

Monday mornings. Ugh!

And to top that off, I was running late. I had less than two hours to reach the airport and I wasn't even ready yet. Just when I came out with my luggage and was about to lock the door, my phone dinged with a new message. Guess what? My ride got cancelled at the last moment. Just wow! The day can't get any better. I somehow managed to get a cab to reach my destination. If there was one thing that went as planned, it was the traffic. I offered my prayers to the gods in the heaven for giving me a few minutes of peace to breathe. Once I reached my intended destination, I paid for the cab, took my luggage and went inside the airport. This trip was my dream, ever since I could tell the difference between a helicopter and an airplane. After checking in and completing all the other necessary evils, I was finally about to get on the flight to Italy, my dream destination. I almost stepped into the flight when my alarm chose to startle me awake, showing the time as 5 a.m. It was a dream then.

Great!

It was the month of July, when the weather seemed dry but not too hot. After a busy weekend, things started getting back to normal, just like every other Monday morning. I stopped my alarm and looked through the window. It was still dark outside and it felt like the sun wanted to sleep through the morning as well (even the sun agreed with me). Thinking of the long day ahead, I mentally groaned. There were tons of stuffs to be done and I made a mental note of them, one by one.

There was a soft purring that shook me off my thoughts. When I turned my head to the side and looked at the source of the sound, my breath hitched. He was facing my side and his eyes were closed. He was in a deep sleep, his hair tousled and spread out. His eye lashes went on for miles and I felt a slight pang of jealousy at that. His lips were slightly parted and he snored ever so softly, like a purring kitten. His fingers were ticking slowly, a habit of his while he's in a deep sleep.

This man was the most beautiful creature I've ever seen in my whole life. I slowly caressed his eye brows, then his cheeks and rustled his hair. He moved slightly at the action. I froze. Fearing that he would catch me, I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep. A few minutes passed and when I looked at him this time, he was fast asleep again. I felt a twinge of pain in my heart. He was too close, yet, way too far from me.

I've heard that matches are made in heaven. But mine was made on a matrimony site. My relationship with Aditya was created on many factors and love was definitely not one of them. We were not so similar in many aspects and still, we were put into the mix, to be together, forever. In the beginning, I wished I could love him, so this relation would seem real. But now, I wish I could hate him, so it would make it a lot more easier for me to survive. Being close to the one man you love so madly, yet, being forced to stay away from him is the worst damnation someone can ever have. I watched him sleep like a baby and then I remembered the first time I saw him and his family.

Yeah. There's this family that I need to think of as well. They meant the world to him. And now, I feel the same too. Adi's whole family accepted me with a warm heart and a bear hug. I never imagined of living with such a big lot after marriage and even more, I never thought of loving everyone in this home, right from the depths of my heart. My pain of being distant from my husband aside, this new home of mine felt like heaven and I was savouring every moment that I get to spend with them. If things were to turn sour, at least I'll have a lot of memories with this wonderful lot of a family.

It still feels surreal to think of the day my fate was sealed with this man's till eternity.

***Stay tuned for the next chapter to know how and when they met each other***