Prologue

*Last Day of 8th Grade*

I'm listening to Ariana Grande's new song with my new iPod I got from my parents. I just love graduation gifts.

"Lucy!"

I zone out into Ariana's beautiful melodic voice.

"Why can't I be her. I could be beautiful and sound beautiful at the same time." I think in my head.

"LUCY! IT'S MARY-ANN!"

I immediately turn down my music, and look behind me. I see Mary-Ann's face. She looks annoyed and angry. Oops?

"We're fucking graduating today, and you're listening to music? What are you even listening to anyways?" She says as she snatches my iPod away from my hand.

"Mary-Ann what the fu---"

"Oh it's Ariana Grande. Um, well stop listening to her shit and follow me."

I do what she says, following behind her footsteps.

If you couldn't tell by what just happened, Mary-Ann is really bossy. But we've been best friends since kindergarten, I'm used to it by now. Plus, Mary-Ann says that I'm really talkative and annoying so we both have to deal with each other's flawed personalities. I can't help but love her anyways, since she was the one who introduced me to Jake.

Jake. Jake. Jake. We've been dating ever since he asked me out in the first day of 6th grade. We were known as the cutest couple in our school, and that's how we got popular. I love him so much, but I hate how all of the girls in my school flirt with him. I mean he's hot and all but it doesn't mean they can do their thing with him when I'm around. Fortunately he's a great boyfriend and he rejected all of the girls who try to make a move on him.

"We're here." Mary-Ann says, interrupting my thoughts.

We're in the school's auditorium, crowded with other students. We're actually graduating middle school. We're going to be high schoolers in just a few months. Shit. Time flies by so fast.

People tell me that high school is terrible, and shitty. You go through so much drama and you wanna die in the process. Seeing all the movies and TV shows, I believe them. At least I'll have my bestfriend and boyfriend on my side. At least, I hope so.

"Good morning middle schoolers, or should I say high schoolers. Today, you are graduating! Can I get a hooray?" Ms. Taylors, the principal, said.

All of the students in the auditorium screamed HOORAY, HOORAY, me included. Although high school is going to suck, I have to face the inevitable with a positive attitude. New friends, new experiences, right?

"Now I'm going to call out your names and you are going to get your diplomas. First up is--- Alex Applegate!" Ms. Taylors announced.

I zone out when she calls out other people's names until I hear her say "Jake Mastrobass!"

I see Jake walking up to the stage. I clap for him, giving him a smile. He sees me but instead of replying back with his smile, he ignores me.

I'm actually not surprised. Jake was being all weird since last week. I tried to talk to him about it, but he wouldn't spill the beans. I decided to let it go since all of this is going to fade away soon. Hopefully.

Finally I hear my name.

"Lucy Ranger!"

I walk up to the stage with lots of people clapping for me. I felt so loved, I blew kisses to everybody.

"Don't you feel popular." Christina says, with a smirk on her face.

Christina and I are enemies ever since second grade. She spilled apple juice on my sweater, and I poured pasta all over hair as revenge. That's how our hatred towards each other started I guess.