The Start

Maddies Pov:
I can't believe I was reaped. Our dance world is going to be so crazy. Chloe is definitly going to lose. She isn't a strong dancer. I must have confidence to win. The Prej-Keepers grabbed me and they didn't care about my well being. All I could think about was how ugly their uniforms were.
Chloe's Pov:
Maddie deserved to be picked she was so stuck up. She thinks just because her father is the ruler of the lyrical district she won't get picked and that she would win. I can't let that happen even if I don't win. Prej-Keepers grabbed me and dragged me to the stage. A weird person named Ria was calling our names. After we were mercilessly dragged to the stage Ria grabbed our arms and said "This years tributes!" The tribute center was quite.
We had to go inside after to this swanky place. I don't get why they spent all that money into it when our people are starving. I got visited by Clara, my mom, and of course David. We had way less time then everyone else because he was not a dancer and looked down on. David grabbed me and pulled me close. I felt his warmth for the last time. I cannot believe this was happening. My life is officially over. I'm not talking figuratively. I tell David
to keep the family safe. I cannot handle thinking about their lives after I die. My mom would not do good. I am just hoping Clara can make it with or without mom. The keepers open the doors and before Josh leaves he gives me a kiss. The first and last.
Maddie's Pov:
My dad came.
"Daddy, can you get me out of here?" I said.
"Honey this is way beyond my control. I can't do anything. Just dance your hardest and you'll survive. I promise."
"Dad I knew you never cared! Ugh my parents suck."

10 likes for a new chapter sorry for the long wait I didn't think anyone would actually read these ;)