Chapter XXXII

I was watching August cook, but my phone was ringing in the living room. I got up from the stool and walked over to the table, and grabbed my phone. I looked at the caller ID and I smiled a bit.

Phone Conversation:

"Hello?" I said plopping on the couch

"Aye man, have you spoke Jachin?"

Quan was speaking frantically.

"No...... Why?" I said scratching my head.

"He been missing since yesterday afternoon. It's been a whole damn day, and nobody has heard from him."

I felt my stomach have butterflies and my heart skipped a beat.

"What do you mean he's missing?"

"Nigga he is GONE i don't know where the fuck he is! Thats what I mean."

I sighed.

"Alright? Lemme hit you back in a minute."

"Aight."

I hung up and threw my phone on the couch. I stood up and walked into the kitchen to see August smirking. "Stop with the games, where is he?" I said looking at him. He turned to me and smiled. "He is okay, I promise. He just need to learn his lesson." I rolled my eyes.

"Where is he?!" I said turning his face to me. "Gone. Now leave it alone." He turned around and continued to cook. I feel disgusted, I understand that he put his hands on me and that I didn't deserve it but, he doesn't deserve all of this. I knew what I was getting into from the beginning and I don't need nobody to down talk me. It was my decision to go on with it.

August sat the food in front of me and handed me a fork. I rested my head on my wrist and played with the food. I was in such deep thought that I forgot I still had the food in front of me. August stared at me every now and then, but after he'd shake his head. I was playing with the food when my mother came downstairs.

"Hey babe." She said to August and giving him a kiss. She turned to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Hey ma.." I said looking at her then my food. She sat at the table where August put her plate then she ate. August looked at me and called my name.

"Kerri... Why you ain't eatin' a nigga spent his time with this." I sighed. "Not hungry." I pushed the plate to the center of the table and got up from the table. I walked upstairs into my room and laid down. I know I'm not suppose to be feeling like this about Jachin, but he has always been there for me. Plus he has a child to take care of and I know Vanessa can't raise no baby on her own without financial support.

---------- 10 PM

I woke up to August shaking me. "Get up." He said sternly. I sat up and turned on my lamp. "What do you want?" I said rubbing my eyes. "Get up!" He said slightly yelling, but not really. I stood up and turned to him. "What's going on?" I said whispering. "Put this on, I'll explain later."

He gave me some black sweats and a black hoodie, along with some packed bags. "Wear these." He said handing me my running shoes, I looked at him funny. "Come on Kerri, we don't have much time." He said rushing me. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and I followed him out the house. I saw my mother in the passenger seat, I walked to the back of the truck and I threw my bags in the trunk.

I was surprised that we were actually driving the Range Rover this time. I hopped in the back seat and closed the door, August backed out the driveway and sped down the street heading for the highway.

It was quiet, nobody was talking. I took out my phone and my brightness must've made August mad. He pulled into the gas station parking lot and turned around to me. "No Kerri, give it here." He said reaching in the back. "Why?!" I said looking at his hand then him. "Come on, I cant have you talking to anyone right now. We'll get killed because of you."

I sighed and handed him my phone. "I'll get you a new one tomorrow morning, we have to get rid of yours." I frowned and looked out the window. We drove for hours and there was still no explanation as to why we were leaving the house.