•ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ•

Halani POV
6:30AM
Monday of November

King's alarm went off as I laid in bed on my phone, watching the rain drops trickle down the window. He groaned as he reached to turn his alarm off, looking at the side of my face.

"You so gorgeous ma."  He leaned over me and pecked my lips many times.

"Thanks Pooh. Na get up befo ya late." I chuckled and shook my head.

"Aight mamas." He disappeared into the walk-in closet as I continued to lay down until I got a text message from one of my managers at the club.

"We have to have a meeting ASAP‼️" my phone read.

Rolling my eyes and groaning, I got out of bed and got ready for the meeting.

"Hey boss." The bouncer opened up the glass door for me.

"Hey Terrance." I continued walking, going up the stairs to the offices.

All of the managers and supervisors sat at the long ass table, making serious eye contact with me. Thinking something was wrong, I sat down with one eyebrow raised. They all busted out laughing, making me even more confused.

"Is somebody finna tell me what the fuck's goin on or what?" I asked, louder than I expected.

"As you know, we haven't had any celebrity appearances since this club is so new." My head supervisor, Tina announced.

"Continue Tina." I nodded.

"A list of 150 rappers and influencers added this club to their list of performances and appearances. That means more money for the strippers and more money for us too. Plus, we have plugs to come in and supply them with drugs. That means more profit off of us." She explained.

"So how many are coming tonight?" I asked.

"There's three coming; Megan Thee Stallion, DaBaby, and Lil Baby. They all in town this whole week, so they might come again throughout the week."

"Coo, meeting dismissed." I picked up my purse as my phone rung.

"Hello?" I answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Halani...can you pick up Messiah? I know it's not your day but..." Tish's mom asked, with her voice shaky.

"Yeah I got it." I sighed.

"Okay, thanks."

"No problem." I hung up.

It's not like I don't want to pick up Messiah, I love the kid, really. But Iss the fact that I have to drive all the way to Philly to pick him up, and most of the time they don't even drop him off. Plus, they ain't doin shit so why do I always have to get him on my off days? But I do what I can to provide for the kid I never had.

Walking up to the front porch, I knocked on the door as it creaked open. I saw Messiah sleeping on the couch with his backpack next to him, though I didn't see his grandparents everywhere. Looking around the house, I put on gloves and opened the last door in the house- the pantry door. Tish's parents were hanging from the ceiling with brown rope around their necks, a note was left near their mouths. "They deserved it." The note read. Crumbling the note and putting it in my pocket, I picked up Messiah and his bag to leave the small home.