intro

I saw the posters everywhere.

Everyone was on the lookout, police and FBI agents were everywhere.

The family right across the street from me was no normal family, but now they're a destroyed family.

Nichole Winters went missing over a month ago, but no one has given up. Her memory haunts my dreams. Until she was kidnapped, she was just the cute girl across the street.

I didn't even know her name.

She was kidnapped in March, and now school is let out for the summer.

When the posters went up, I knew immediately it was her they were looking for. Nichole Winters.

Thats how I learned her name. Through an amber alert poster.

And now I see her every night. I see posibilities of what could be happening to her. Sometimes its like I'm watching it happen in tv, watching some anonymous person beat her pale skin black and blue.

Other nights my subconsious plays a video of her being raped. Its like I can hear her screams, even though its not real.

For all I know, her body is in the bottom of the creek.

Or locked up in a basement.

Or burnt to a crisp.

Those images plague me at night, leaving me to wake up in the odd hours of the morning.

When I wake up, alone and scared, Im not scared for me. Im scared for her. She is only 17, and I wish I could save her. I want to find her.

But as time keeps moving, and as the world keeps spinning, I lose hope.

Isnt that ironic? I lose hope that she will be found. Does she have any hope left? Any hope that someone will find her and rescue her?

*****
A/N this is the beginning of the story, and this is all on my phone so please help me out if you see any misspellings.