Chapter Two

It had been three short days later before Alex wanted to hang out with some of his friends. He hit up Kay first, she always seemed down to chill. At the moment she was drawing unemployment, so she had all the free time to do whatever she wanted. Alex wasn't sure what they were gonna do yet but he was just gonna roll with it. He loved just jamming out to music in the car while driving. Alex and Kay lived about 40 minutes apart, so they agreed to meet half way at Mcdonalds. They had eventually invited Matthew who was the only other member of the group who could come. However Kay and Alex got there first. They sat down and began to make small talk.

    Kay loved Alex's friendship. She felt like she could talk to him and get advice from him. She genuinely wanted to give him advice as well and help out his love life. It was rather hard for Alex sometimes because he had already been divorced at age 22 and had a 2 year old son as well. Although they all adored Adam. He deserved someone great but it just took time to find someone. Conversation wasn't too long before Matthew showed up. He sat down next to Kay with a smile. She glanced over at him. Her thoughts were still on Alex and his problems. She also wasn't sure if he knew about them fucking on valentines either. It was never brought up.

    Matthew rubbed Kay's back and then stole her phone to take some pictures of himself while she continued talking to Alex.

    "Give me that back!" She exclaimed when she noticed he had it. "You turd." She laughed as she hid her phone between her thighs. Matthew smirked before excusing himself to order some food. Her eyes shifted back to Alex who had a mysterious look on his face, "What?"

    "So when are you guys gonna get together?" he straight up asked. He was purely curious. He saw how they acted. He noticed it at the club and everytime they hung out together.

    "Alex, that's complicated. And like I told Brooke last night, I don't know if I want anything with Matthew. I am not sure how I feel about it yet." She was honest about it. Thoughts about how she first met Matthew ran through her mind. She wasn't sure if they were destined to be together or not. So much had happened, she never knew. Kay had also been in an abusive relationship, and although she was over it and had moved on, she was hesitant to get back into another relationship. Other thoughts ran through her head about how Matthew confessed some feelings the day after valentines day. They had talked about maybe going on a date. Kay however still didn't know how she truly felt and didn't want to lead him on. She didn't want to lose his friendship most of all. She honestly cared about him a lot. "We will just have to see where things go, ya know?"

    "You ordered 5 burgers?" Alex eyes widened as Matthew came back with a tray full of burgers, "Dude, are you sharing?" there was also a large fry on the tray as well perhaps the younger male was starving.

    "Yeah, these are for me, I haven't eaten much today." Matthew didn't waste any time unwrapping one. He offered fries to his friends. Kay took a couple because she wasn't that hungry. She sipped her water slowly. Kay laid her phone face up on the table and a notification began to go off. Alex grabbed her phone.

    "Oh, your dating apps are blowing up, can I go through them?" He smirked not thinking she would actually allow him. She unlocked her phone for him and he didn't waste any time looking at her profile, "I have always wondered what it was like to be a girl on a dating app, it's different for guys."

    "I bet, you can do whatever you want, I haven't been on there much lately." She said honestly. She glanced toward Matthew who pulled up his phone to do the same thing. She freely leaned over to check out his dating profile as well. She wondered what other types of single girls were out there. They all chit chatted about it for a minute before Matthew cracked a grin.

    "Hey, Alex you should go through her pictures." He stated and as soon as he said this, Kay went to take her phone back. She honestly didn't have much to hide, she knew how to keep her photos a secret. Although she knew she had some embarrassing ones on there of herself and she did not want those to be seen. As she went to reach for her phone, Alex stood up. Matthew grabbed around her torso to hold her back.