Chapter 4: Rewrite 2023

Nikki's mind kept going back to the possible prince and his voice. It sounded so seductive but broken at the same time. She tried to stop thinking about the man who seemed to have put a spell on her and tried to focus on the mission. As she looked around the market for her friends and the german, she couldn't help but feel guilty about what she was seeing around her. All of the creatures who were put here, in the abandoned tunnels and sewers, as if they were nothing but garbage. Underground because humans broke the truce and forced them into hiding. The sad part was that she felt like she deserved to be down here more so than the elven people. The humans destroyed this world, they should be the ones who had to suffer the consequences of the havoc they have wreaked on the world."Brother Red, little nymph, do you read me?" She heard Abe's voice over the coms bringing her out of her thoughts.

"I read you loud and clear, Blue." Nikki talked into the coms as she looked around the market when she found a small plant stand in the corner.

"Red, do you read me?" Abe asked over the coms.

"Yeah, I read you, Blue" The small woman heard over the coms. "But I'm watching Sherlock at work." Nikki chuckled a little before waving her hand over the plants helping them look better and gave the shocked stand owner some money before walking away. "I'll get back to you"

As Nikki was walking around the market, she could still feel herself being watched but this didn't feel like the prince's stare. This felt like someone wanted her attention. "You can save him." a child's voice spoke up behind her causing her to turn around to see a small purple child with red hair and green eyes. She didn't recognize the type of creature the child was but she didn't feel like she was in danger.

"Save who?" the nymph-like woman crouched down to look the child in the eye. The small creature didn't say anything but gently grabbed her wrist and started tracing the emblem. "Do you mean the prince?" The child giggled before running away from her. As she tried to follow the child it seemed to have vanished. Before Nikki could comprehend what just happened, she was startled by the sound of a creature being launched above her head. She automatically knew why when she saw it. "Hellboy, I swear." She muttered to herself before walking in the direction the creature came from. When she got there she saw Red, slapping the crap out of a troll while Johann just stood there. "RED '' She yelled as she ran over to him and grabbed his arm with the hand that had the prince's bracelet. When she grabbed him, the bracelet became uncovered causing the bystanders who were near them to stare at her in fear. "That's enough slapping. He's about as red in the face as you are." She glared at him.

Red nodded before talking to the troll. "Feeling a little chattier now?" He questioned

"We'll never talk" The child on the troll's chest said to the demon.

Red raised his hand for another punch when the troll stopped him. "Yes, yes we will." The troll confessed "Only don't hit me anymore"

"Chicken" the child teased the troll.

"Who bought the tooth fairies?" Red interrogated the troll.

"Prince Nuada," The troll said in a scared voice and then looked at the small woman. "They say Prince Nuada broke the truce, and now there is talk of war, a war with the human world." Nikki looked at the troll heartbroken.

Red accepted the answer and patted the child's head. "Sorry kid."

"That's alright." The kid smiled at the demon but stopped when the doctor began to pat his head.

"Nice baby," The German commented.

"I'm not a baby, I'm a tumor," It told Johann before rubbing its head into the troll's chest.