Chapter 12

The night after:

Harper's POV
James had my head spinning. i had never felt a connection, just like that. He was scary but i liked scary, as of then. "So tell me dear, how did it come to be that you're a Langedon but survived the house?" He asked, taking a go of his cigar. I put my glass down and looked away from him. He urged me on like he was curious. "Um, well... it's really a long story.." I began. "And we have time, darling!" He interrupted me, winking and smirking. "My mother, her name was Vivien and my biological father, Tate... ok this might sound crazy but, he was a ghost"I said giggling. James didn't laugh. His face was bone straight.

"Tate raped my mother, I wouldn't go as far to say he was my father, Dr Harmon was more of a dad than Tate ever could've been. He was a monster and I steered clear. I had a brother, Michael but he was also monstrous and inhuman. My mother died in child birth after Michael came out. I was a still born but I was resuscitated. Our maid, Moira raised me and Constance, Tates mother raised Michael. I don't stay in contact with him, I don't see him as my brother. I had a sister, half sister, her name was Violet.. sorry I've been babbling," I said apologetically. "No my dear, that's quite alright. It feels unfair as I now know about you but you know so little about me!" He stated, pushing himself in.