two

weird.

First day of school

First day of school.

Please put me out of my misery, God.

This school looked old, the hallways were long and not very wide, and the lockers were covered in rust. The kids too, ugh, I can sense the cliques already.

Without a schedule of any clue where I was even walking, I made the decision to find the office, I asked a couple of kids but they didn't respond, until a tall girls with pretty curls told me to head towards the end of the hall and to the right.

"Can I help you dear?" the receptionist asked as soon as I walked into the door, she seemed nice.

"Um, I'm new, and I need a schedule, maybe a map too?" I joked, the woman smiled,

"You can see the counselor for that, just sit right out side her door," her pink manicured finger pointed behind and across from her where I saw a close door. I walked over and sat down.

Unfortunately I couldn't hear anything from outside the office, but the door opened soon enough and a ginger girl with short hair stormed out of the room, the counselor came after.

"Hello, sweetheart, what can I do for you?"

"Yeah um, today's my first day and I haven't got a schedule yet and the front desk lady said to come here so,"

She gave me a smile, "Okay, what's your name hon?"

"Ivory Willis,"

She made a sound and put her hand to her heart, "oh I just live that name, so gorgeous,"

I was caught off guard by her compliment, "thank you,"

Her hand reached to the printed and she handed me a piece of paper with my new routine for the rest of the year, "here you go Ivory, and remember, if you ever need anything, my door is always open,"

I laughed in my head.

No it's not.

I can give you one word to describe my first day of high school in Pennsylvania: uneventful.

The building wasn't as hard to navigate as I had originally thought, the teachers were laid back and never made me introduce myself, (praise Jesus). And, kids really left me alone, not once did I hear the words "new girl" slip out of anyone's mouth.

I was walking home alone at first, but I fell instep with the girl I saw storm out of the office earlier in the morning. I was interested. so I said hi. "Hey,"

Her head turned, "hi?"

"Oh sorry," I held out my hand, "I'm Ivory Willis, I just moved here,"