Loneliness

1. It can be easy to stand in the crowd, but it takes real courage to stand alone.

2. It hurts when you realize you aren't as important to someone as you thought you were.

3. The most tragic fact about loneliness is that unlike sickness and diseases, there's really no cure for this experience of rejection, of being an outcast.

4. You keep a lot to yourself because it's difficult to find people who understand.

5. It's far better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone.

6. The reason why I keep my feelings to myself because I can't explain them.

7. I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone.

8. And
In the end
All I learned
Was how
To be strong
Alone.

9. Sometimes, you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself.

10. Sometimes life is too hard to be alone, and sometimes life is too good to be alone.

11. It can be healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person.

12. It takes a strong person to remain single in a world that is accustomed to setting with anything just to say they have something.

13. We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship, can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.

14.  To be alone is to be different and to be different is to be alone.

15. I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you're competing with my comfort zones.

16. Sometimes I just want to disappear and see if anyone would miss me.

17. Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be.

18. I like to be alone. But I hate being lonely.

19. You're not dead, but not alive either. You're just a ghost with a beating heart.

20. Sometimes it's better to be alone. Nobody can hurt you.