Zaheal God Of Treasure - Myth

Zaheal was a man, tall, thin, red skinned, grey eyes, black hair. He wore robes and jewels, choosing to live comfortable instead of restrictive. His father was a greedy but kind man, only choosing to behave nicely to his son. The father became ill, eventually dying in his sleep, leaving his son in charge unexpectedly. His son claimed everything, taking all treasure and jewels. He was sick of how his father has ruled, using the treasure for himself instead of the people.

Zaheal has decided. He shall use the treasure for his people. He wanted people to be thankful, and care about his power. He started to give it out, going into town every single day to hand out handfuls of the golden treasure. People started to depend on him, begging for more then what he gave. He felt like he would be abandoned for refusing, always allowing the people to take what they need. People have turned greedy, living easily, but asking for more and more.

Zaheal became poor. He ran dry of treasure, the only bit being left handed out to an old man who passed town begging for bread. Zaheal had nothing. Every day got worse, people became hungrier, fights started, threats were yelled, zaheal was starving. Every day he became thinner and thinner, but not once he claimed it as his peoples fault.

One day through all the aggression, zaheal snapped. He screamed at them, slamming down his fist against his houses railing. He stomped inside quietly, sick of everything. Greedy. So greedy. Ungrateful. He thought, sinking into his wooden chair in front of his potion bottle covered table. He thought, what could I do to make them know how I feel? And then he had it.

Zaheal cast a spell onto the town, intending to punish them for their ungrateful behavior. He would cast a 3 month long spell to remove all joy. He thought, if they feel what I feel, they should learn how to respect their higher ups. Which worked. Everyone felt empty, no one felt anything, only sadness and regret. Ahah, he thought, it worked. Zaheal only planned to have this cast to teach them a lesson, planning to remove it when they beg for forgiveness.

That night zaheal got a knock on the door, very unexpected for the hour, no one is usually awake at this time. It was a woman, a very beautiful woman, she was riding a caterpillar, red and black striped. He was amazed, he did not expect a traveller this late at night. She commanded, give me all your treasure Zaheal. he laughed weakly, haven't you heard? He said- I ran dry, everything is gone. She growled, turning around with a yank of the rope on the caterpillars neck. Zaheal stood in his doorway, quiet, waiting. She turned her head, you and your people shall suffer. Everyone will know how greedy and worthless you are.

Zaheal closed the door, thinking it was the usual town threat. But he was wrong. That night Zaheal sank into bed, his eyes drooping shut slowly. He did not know the people have made plans. Plans to wear masks of grins and smiles, masks to show gratitude and joy to the leader. Everyone woke, besides Zaheal.

That night, that woman, she cast a dark spell, one to put a chosen person to sleep forever. And it worked. Zaheal has passed in his sleep, just like his father had.

People were devastated, sobbing into their home made masks. People blamed themselves, thinking greed and command has put too much stress onto their leader, murdering him. The next man to rule was poor, little money, but managed the job well. He has now made it a law. Everyone must wear a mask to please their new god,
Zaheal.

It is now considered illegal to remove the mask in public. They must show joy and gratitude everywhere they go, it sometimes sends people to death removing the masks. It is forbidden to not worship and live with the religion Zaheal has made for this town.

Zaheal is buried on a hill full of other graves, yearly people go and worship the grave, giving goods, and gold, removing the masks for one day. Each person gets a chance to kneel in front of the grave once, remove the mask shortly, smile, and tell him their thanks, giving their gifts. People believe that this pleases him, causing him to not be restless, and stuck in town. People have been living this way for 20,058 years, not once has this law changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, i hope you liked this, it pretty much just came to mind randomly, but i have had this concept for awhile, I didn't just now make it up.

Feel free to tell me what you think, of him, or of the story of how he became a god.

↑↑↑
Art is mine, just a quick sketch of how he looks, he could change in future design.