Chapter 1

So here I am, searching for scholarship opportunities on the net. There are so many opportunities but yet still, only the lucky ones get selected. This is my other option after praying and committing things to God. I've been searching for sometime now but yet still, no luck in getting one! Our university has closed down for seven months now except for the private students who started attending lectures about a month ago. I am here, my colleagues are there with little or no hope, praying that government sponsored students will resume classes. The private students in our class are almost halfway through the semester. And yet we are here, sitting idly at home, heartbroken with deferred dreams. I tell myself sometimes that things will work out and we'll be back to attending lectures. My parents are disappointed at me (because I left IPAM for Limkokwing after my fees have been paid in full just because I want to save them from paying fees and pursue my dream career at the same time) and at the same time empathizing with me because they're also hurting. I've always been wishing for a scholarship since Preparatory school (let's say I have a thing for scholarship), so when the offer came from the Ministry two years ago, I was quick to switch places, not knowing that it also has it shortcomings. God knows my heart and that my intentions were true.

•••

This has been happening since 2018 when I first entered university and we were home for four months and we were left back with the other universities in the country. Last year, 2019, the same thing happened but this time much more worst. We're still seating at home with little hope, as am writing this. The government haven't paid our fees and so it affected us, since we're the ones benefiting. Life just bore me out! My colleagues are in 3rd year, almost in second semester while, i'm still stuck in second year, 2nd semester, almost a year ahead of us! We're supposed to graduate in 2021 but with the way things are going, we won't be graduating anytime sooner. My life is just standstill right now! Life is so full of misery, indeed! If little me was asked years ago, how my life would be in 2020, I would have proudly say that, i'll have graduated university before the end of 2020 but now I can't even tell you when exactly because a new school year was added whilst in secondary school and now this!