Chapter 2

It was morning on the territory of Russia. A boy about to become a man wasn't ready for the morning thanks to his family. Speaking of his family,his siblings were running to his room and yelling at him.

"Wake up Nikolai. You have a job to do, remember,"one of the siblings said.

While the other one got on top of Nikolai.

"Da, wake up and start working or I'm going to tell father to beat you. Maybe like that you'll learn to listen to us,"the other sibling threatened.

Nikolai isn't afraid of his father. As a matter of fact Nikolai Belinski isn't afraid of anything.

"Get out of here,"Nikolai demanded.

The siblings left the room giggling with Nikolai slamming the door behind them. Nikolai had no choice, but to get ready to work. So without further ado he change to his working clothes. After that he found his boots and with a sigh, off he went  to work. Nikolai went to kitchen then to the living room. In the living room there was Nikolai's father drunk. Nikolai hates his father for many reasons just as Nikolai was going to remember those reasons, he was grab from behind. It was Nikolai's mother who look frustrated. "What do you think you're doing? You are suppose to be working which is feeding the pigs! Well what are you waiting? Don't just stand there get to work,"she shouted and slap Nikolai.

Nikolai went to the back of the house where the pigs were. Nikolai put on the gloves and grab a bucket. With the bucket filled with disgusting food, Nikolai threw the food around. The pigs were running towards the food while Nikolai threw more food til all the buckets were empty. Nikolai dreams of escaping this mess. No one in his family cares about him or help him out with work. He hated this, but he won't give up. Finally finishing the work Nikolai remove the gloves and put the buckets back in place. He then went back to his room and took a shower, for he was going to see a special person who means the world to him. After the shower he put on his best clothes for the special person. He left the house without telling anyone since they won't care at all. He walked to where the special person lives. He saw her sitting in front of the house. She also saw him and stand up then walk towards him.

"Hello Rada,"Nikolai greeted.

Rada smiled and greeted back "Hello Nikolai".

What are you doing here?,"she asked.

"I just wanted to see if you would like to walk with me,"Nikolai suggest.

Rada smiles before answering "I would like to".

Nikolai and Rada started to walk. There was a uncomfortable silence between them so Nikolai decided to break this silence. "You look beautiful,"he said.

Rada replied back nervously "T..T..Thank you Nikolai. You look handsome,"Rada added.

They continue to walk 'til they were at the hill where they had a better view at the city. They sat down and look at the city while feeling the breeze.

"I don't understand why this city is called 'Gorod Krovi'. It's such a beautiful city,"Rada said.

Nikolai responded,"Doesn't that mean 'City of Blood'?".

"That is what it means which is why I don't understand why would they used such a name like that,"Rada added.

Nikolai and Rada stare in each other's eyes.  Nikolai decide it was time to tell Rada about his feelings for her. However, Rada was ahead of him, for she kiss him on his cheek. Nikolai was blushing hard that he look away, for he did not expected her to kiss him. Nikolai look back at Rada and place his hand at her cheek while she did the same thing to him. Nikolai passionate kiss Rada since he couldn't hold his feelings anymore. Same was happening to Rada, she couldn't hold her feelings that she deepen the kiss. When they depart, they didn't even need words on telling their feelings, for the kiss told everything they needed to know. They love each other and they are both willing to have a life together. Rada still wanted to tell Nikolai that she loves him.

"I love you Nikolai,"Rada confess her love for him.

Nikolai has waited for this moment and was ready to confess his love for her. Nikolai responds,"I love you as well Rada".

Rada smile and place her head on Nikolai's shoulder while he pull her closer to him. Rada close her eyes while Nikolai was looking at her then up at the blue sky.

"I will protect and love you for the rest of my life. We will always be together for the rest of our lives".

Little did he know that the life he dreams of, won't become into reality.