3.

Y/N P.O.V-

I pushed the door open and placed the bags down in the kitchen "Milo?" I said hoping he heard me. I looked around but didn't see him downstairs. "That cat is always hard to find," I said. "He's probably upstairs. I said looking up the stairs. "That's strange, I thought I closed my door this morning before heading down. " I said trying to remember.

 "Milo?" I said reaching the top of the stairs. I heard some noise in there so I knew he was in there. As I was approaching the door Milo meet me there. "You silly cat how did you get in here? I probably didn't close the door all the way." I said picking him up and closing the door behind us. "I don't want you getting into something," I said walking down the stairs. 

I brought back a lot of things. Mainly food but I brought some toys for you so you don't get bored when I'm gone. I'm gonna make some nachos so go play with your toys as I go do so." I said getting the things out of the bags. Milo left the kitchen with his new toys and I started cooking. Nachos aren't hard to make and they're gonna be here soon so I ain't wanna take all day. 

As I was stirring the cheese I got a message on my phone. I sat the spoon down and went to go see who it was that texted me. It was Ava. She was letting me know that they were ten minutes away. I replied okay and finished cooking. 

I walked into the living room and tidied it up a bit. "Milo you want a snack?" I said looking in the bags a brought back from the store for his snacks. I took them out of the bag and gave some to Milo. "I hope they taste good 'cause those were the only snacks they had," I said placing the bag of snacks on the table. 

I went back to the kitchen to go check on the food. It was finished so I cut the stove off and covered it up with a top. I went back into the living room and cut the TV on. Our favorite show was about to turn on. What was being played on TV I decided to sit and watch it until they came. 

A few minutes passed and I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to see Ava and Josiah. "Omg, it's so good to see y'all again," I said giving them both a hug. "I'm even happier. I've been waiting to see you again." Ava said happily. "You grew your hair back out?" I said looking at Josiah's hair. 

"yeah, I had to," He said laughing. "The cut they gave me in the military took away all my confidence. Hair is everything you know," he said.

"It wasn't so bad," I said laughing. "y'all bullied me for a week straight about it," he said looking to the side. "That was the funniest week of my life," Ava said laughing.

"yeah, yeah" Josiah replied. 

"Well come on in, make yourselves at home," I said opening the door more so they can come in.

"Wow, it's so nice in here. OMG, when did you get a cat?"  Ava said excitingly. 

"yeah, I got it recently actually. It was in front of my door and I couldn't just leave it there so I took it in." I said 

"I see you're still kind-hearted," Josiah said taking a seat.

"What did you expect me to do? Just leave it there? That's too harsh." I said 

"It's so beautiful. what's its name?" Ava said getting on the cat's level.

"His name is Milo, Me and Hiro agreed on the name," I replied. 

"I haven't heard from Hiro in a while, and Milo is a good name," Ava said

"Come here, Milo," Ava called. He didn't move instead he came to me and sat by my feet.

"Maybe he's shy" I chuckled.

"I hope he gets used to me as I stay down here," Ava said sadly.

"There's no need to be sad, I made nachos and our favorite show is about to come on," I said putting my arm around Ava

"Nachos sound so good," Josiah said 

"Good, Y'all get comfortable. I'm gonna go make them." I said walking to the kitchen and Milo followed.

"You need help?" Josiah said

"No, I got it, Y'all traveled all this way after all. It'll be quick." I shouted from the kitchen. 

After I was finished making the nachos I went and brought them their food. They both thanked me and we all sat back and enjoyed the show. After the show was over I took the plates and brought them to the kitchen. 

"Y'all wanna stay over from tonight? I heard it was gonna snow heavily tonight.? I said walking back into the kitchen and wiping my hands on my shirt.

"Sure, thanks for letting us know," Ava said

"There's a bathroom right over there and the guest bedroom is next to it. I'm gonna go upstairs and take a bath, Let me know if you want anything." I said making my way up stairs, and once again Milo followed.

Sorry it's short chapter 🙏🏼 also hoped you enjoyed this chapter, have a good day or night💖💖💖