Chapter 8: Snake eyes

Izuku woke up in the nurses office. He sighed and rolls back his head, remembering the events from hours ago. "Ah you failed Izuku, sorry All Might, sorry Dave." He mumbles trying to dry tears he sat up. His braces were taken off and his usual ones on a chair next to him. A dwalfed lady looked at him with a concerned look. "If you want a chance to be a hero, maybe stop talking to yourself young man." She shook her head. Izuku turned bright red, drying his tears with his sleeve.
"Sss..sorry!" He yelps, he glances up at the time.
"You were unconscious 2 hours, I can help you back to the locker room to get changed." She shrugs, packing away his IV.
Izuku nodded. "Thank you." He bows his head putting in his braces.
The nurse eyed him a smile in her eyes. Izuku frowns he usually jumped to such smiles were pity but she seemed... Intrigued or even proud of him. Maybe knowing about a future in UA our young protagonist believed was washed down the drain.

~~~~~
A week later Izuku got home from school again and slumps on the couch. He had been dead focused on what he could do for his future. What could he do? Not a lot. He grabs the a muscle exercise and slowly squeezes it between his fingers numbly staring up. All Might hadn't contacted him, this obviously meant he'd disappointed him.
Stupid Izuku, how dare he think he had some kind of HOPE to be a hero. He should of left that hope in the hospital bed he'd cried himself to sleep in oh so many years ago.
"You know Izuku, I'm just proud of you for trying." Inko cuts in, hoping to cheer her son up.
Uh huh, trying like a cow walking to the slaughterhouse hoping the factory would shut down suddenly and he'd be free. Tough luck. Inko left the room, he was still struggling to stop tears.
"Izu...Izu...IZUKU!" Inko screams, scrambling in. Izuku flips his head.
"Is everything okay Mum?" He cries.
Inko waved a letter.
"Its from UA! It really came!"
The fire that died started to lit in his chest. He grins and looks at her, warmth rising in his body burning off the smallest bit of doubt. UA wouldn't send rejection letters right?

Izuku took the letter into his room, ripping it apart.
A small holographic machine fell out and beams up on the disabled boys desk.
"THIS A PROJECTION." The no.1 heroes face opened wide on the hologram, Izuku yelps his name and checks the letter again. This was from UA.
"There is much to deliberate on. I'm sorry," He bows. "I'm in town for one reason, to teach at UA." The hero paused and looked away off screen upset speaking to someone Izuku couldn't see. All Might explains, not receiving action points, but he did earn enough RESCUE points. Izuku grins biting back his lip to stop his shaking from how happy he was. He watches the nice girl beg Present Mic to exchange points.
He did it.
He got into his dream school. "YEAH!" He cries out, for the first time in years he sobs happy tears

~~~
Izuku walked into UA, grinning like a child he was still lost stating at the map but he finally found his way into the 1A class. Heads immediately turned his way.
"Um general course is down the hall." A blond hair boy spoke up quickly he had a large black lightening bolt in his hair. Izuku turned red, realising he didn't look hero worthy in crutches.
"I'm... Hero course." He stutters lowering his head in embarrassment.
The blond hair turned red and someone smacked him.
"We all come in different shapes and sizes." A soft spoken girl with a high pony tail smiles at him kindly.
Izuku nodded and avoided Kacchan's glance. He found his assigned seat, behind Kacchan. Great.
"Oh you made it!" A voice squeaked. Izuku looks around. The nice girl!
"Yes! You did too." He prompted to her. Oh she looked so cute in that outfit. He turns red.
"I'm Midoriya." He explains. They share names.
A caterpillar man coughs behind them.
"We don't have time to waste." He growls, the class of 20 all scramble to seats.

The caterpillar introduced himself as their homeroom teacher, and explains they were going to have a quirk tests.
Ah walking so much, then his braces. Izuku only guessed his legs would not take this well.

Now there were only 14 of them the boys locker looked half empty compared to the compacted in the exam.
He slips on his sleek green and silver braces. Most of the boys were making friends as he did he sat in the back quietly accompanying his own space and thinking.
"I remember you!" A loud glasses boy beams at him. "Iida Tenya!" He waves at hand at him. Izuku dodged the palm.
"Mid..Midoriya." He smiles. He felt more people stare at him as he put down his crutches and follows the class outside.
"If you can walk like that, why don't you wear that all the time?" The blond boy from before burst. Izuku turns red.
"Too much strain on my legs." He scratches his neck.

"Alright, you all remember basic physical tests from middle school? We're going to try them with quirk use. Bakugo how far did you throw in Middle school?"
"67 meters." He replies.
"Great now try with your quirk.
Lord explosion murder smirks, wait hang on too early in the series. BAKUGO smirks.
He stretched his arm and grabs the ball. "DIE!"
Die?
"Its important to know your limits, that's the first rational choice to fighting out what kind of hero you will be." He shows the class the number.
-705.2meters-
The class cheered and awed. Izuku started freaking out, oh no. Was his body strong enough right now?
"You're hoping to be heroes after 3 years and you you think it'll be all fun and games? Right. The one who scores the lowest will be expelled.
No no. izuku fought so hard to be here. No he'd thrown in so much hope he couldn't loose his future here.
"Your fate are in our hands." The eraser hero looks up and grins, pulling back his hair. 'Welcome. This is the UA hero course.

Izuku pulled through the first few trails, getting average scores. Not enough for a hero course. Anxiety ate at his throat. Chewing down the muscles in his legs.

At the throwing test, alright use One for All. Use...he takes deep breathe and throws it forward.
-46 meters-
Blood drained from Izuku's face. He was sure he was using it. He looks at his teacher. His hair was up, scarf flowing and his eyes dark yellow.
"UA doesn't take pity cases," He whispers. "You're here because you were judged worthy and ready to take the pressure. If your legs get in the way you'll be kicked out of this school without a second thought." The hero sighs and picks up the ball putting in Izuku's hands again. Izuku clenched his fist swallowing thick anxiety in his throat. He should have hated to hear that. Cursed at the teacher, but he'd spent too long as a pity case, too long been a glass bowl ready to crack. He was NOT weak and everyone would see that.
"Throw again." Aizawa huffs and stands back