" quatre "

JAEHYUN debated on what to do with the dreaming brunet next to him

JAEHYUN debated on what to do with the dreaming brunet next to him. It was half-past midnight and he had just finished his first paragraph to the research paper he had had to do for one of his classes. Quiet mumbles from the cute boy next to him had sometimes interrupted his thought process, resulting him in taking longer.

When he could feel his eyes slowly closing themselves, he decided that he should stop. No one was in the library other than the two boys, one slowly leaning into the other and the other completely oblivious, thinking on how to wake up the former.

He started by shaking him, softly, not trying to make him grumpy from this sudden waking up."Taeyongie, you need to wake up now."

The boy shook his head and buried it further into the younger's arm who now could feel the blood rushing to his ears, slowly making its way to his cheeks. "Taeyong, wake up."

The said boy opened one boy and seeing where he was, he hurried to remove himself and face away from the pink-haired boy, embarrassed. This lead to a hushed chuckle from the other who had started packing his books in his backpack. Taeyong waited for the other to finish packing before rising up. He pulled his hood from his oversized hoodie and pulled the strings, resulting in him barely seeing anything.

"You're going to get hurt if you can't see anything, loosen it," not getting an answer at all, he put his arms on Taeyong's shoulders, making him face him. Raising his head, he un-scrunched his hood, clearly seeing the dusty pink on the pale skin. "Let's go now."

They walked in silence in the scary darkness of the campus, only lit by dim street lights. The usual birds had stopped chirping, already in their nest, letting the night wilderness take over. Fireflies were everywhere, dancing with each other, moths were flying near the light, and crickets were making loud soothing sounds. They approached a road, separating the buildings from the dorms most students stayed in. No cars usually passed at this hour but this time it was different. Two bright lights were slowly approaching the pedestrian crossing. Jaehyun stopped, clearly seeing the car but Taeyong seemed to not notice the fast car going straight ahead, not thinking about stopping any time soon.

Jaehyun grabbed Taeyong's arms, seconds before the boy would have been hit. The latter was just realizing what could have happened and slowly put his arms around Jaehyun's torso and thanked him in a hushed voice. Jaehyun could feel and hear the other crying, he figured Taeyong was just tired and stressed. And the prior events had him shaken up.

"I'm a mess, I'm so sorry. I promise I'm not usually like this." Taeyong spoke up, his voice muffled from the younger's chest.

"Hey, it's okay, don't worry. We're all exhausted, let's get you to your dorm. What's your dorm number?"

"127."

"Okay, let's go."

He grabbed Taeyong's hand and started crossing the now clear road. The eldest of the two held on tight, not reassured by being in the middle of the road. When they had made it to the other side, he let out a breath of relief.

The pair slowly walked to the dorms, they made their way up the first flight of stairs, due to the lack of an elevator in the building. They walked in the calm hallways of the building N, arriving in front of a door with a tiny sign indicating it was room 127. Taeyong got out his keys from his back jean pocket and fumbled with them before turning the keys and opening the door. He dropped his bag next to a table and turned on the lights. He finally turned around, in front of Jaehyun. His smile warmed Jaehyun's chest, replacing the dull tiredness with a colorful feeling of comfort.

The short brunet spoke up, "Jaehyun, give me your phone."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because you like me," he said in a weird voice, teasing the pink-haired student, "It's to put my phone number."

Jaehyun let out a hushed "bold " before giving him the device. He stared at the small boy standing in the doorway, typing in his number. Smiling to himself, he gave it back to Jaehyun.

"I should probably go," before leaving, he kissed the cheek of the half-asleep boy, earning a soft hit in the arm. He did not ignore the blush creeping on Taeyong's cheeks. Running away from the boy before he could get hit more, he shouted a "Good night!" feeling sorry for the sleeping students in the surrounding dorms. He could hear Taeyong's door closing just as he was entering the stairs to go to floor five.

Arriving in front of the door 524, he regretted ever running, out of breath, he opened the door to Johnny's snores in pitch-black darkness. He got out of his clothes and got into his pajamas and finally entered his cold bed, thinking about the night's events.

It was weird. How could he already feel so close to one person in just a couple of days? How could he even explain the warmth he felt in his chest whenever Taeyong smiled because of him? Or how he felt butterflies in his stomach whenever he met up with him. It was too early for it to be love, of course. It was probably just a crush.

And realization hit him.

"Fuck." Perhaps Jaehyun had let it out too loud because his now awake but still sleepy roommate let out a soft "Shut the fuck up."

And so, Jaehyun did as he was told and tried to sleep away the growing worries that were overtaking him.

ROBOTS CREATED PER MINUTE
six around the world
two in s. korea

VICTIMS OF ROBOTS
ten ; cases were brushed aside

CHANCE OF WORLD DOMINATION
81%

words: 999
time: 14:47
☁️

im soft bye