If I Died [Bakudeku]

A/N: Warning contains suicide and angst

'Take a swan dive off of the roof of the building!'

'Defenceless Izuku!'

'Quirkless!'

'Pathetic!'

...

"K-Kacchan..."

The blonde turned to the other looking at him with a glare. "The hell do you want, nerd?"

Izuku snuggled closer to the other, burying his face in his neck, savouring the scent of him and finding comfort in his warmth. "Can I ask you something?"

His friend grunted in response shifting his body weight so he was lying comfortably as he passed his hand absentmindedly through green curly locks.

"What are you afraid of?"

"Eh?! What kind of question is that?" he asked, accusingly.

The greenette shrugged, sighing against the other, watching as Bakugo traced patterns over his arms, his eyelids slowly getting heavy. "I was just curious..."

"Well I'm not afraid of nothing! I'm Katsuki Bakugo for fucks sake, I'm amazing!"

"Hm," he whispered, resting his chin on the blonde's chest, looking at his face while he stared up at the night sky above them. "But Kacchan, you're still human..."

"Whatever," Katsuki grumbled, placing a kiss over Izuku's eyelids as they closed.

"I'm afraid of dying..."

The blonde looked at him sharply. "Why do you have to be scared of that? We're kids, we're not dying any time soon, so get it out of your goddamn head or you'll get paranoid."

Midoriya smiled at his lover's unique way of trying to comfort him. He sighed again softly, as Bakugo kissed him gently under the stars. "I love you, Kacchan..."

"Tch!" Katsuki pouted angrily as the other smiled, allowing himself to drift off into a pleasant slumber in Bakugo's arms. He could hear his quiet snores, the smile never leaving his face, as the blonde placed a kiss on his forehead and whispered softly, once he was certain he was fast asleep.

'I love you too, idiot...'

...

The greenette chewed his bottom lip hard, to stop it from trembling, not stopping until the blood burst from it, falling down his chin. He stared down at his hands, swallowing hard, remembering the words Bakugo had said to him.

'Take a swan dive off of the roof of the building!'

'Defenceless Izuku!'

'Quirkless!'

'Pathetic!'

It didn't make any sense, not really. To Izuku at least. He couldn't understand why he said it, why he wanted to make his life a living hell, just for being quirkless. Was everything else he said a lie? He didn't know what to believe.

He took a deep breath, enjoying how free he felt up on the roof, maybe that was why it was his favourite place to be. He looked over the edge, tilting his head to one side, wondering. Wondering what would happen if he moved even the slightest bit forward. Would he fall? Would he scream? Would he enjoy the feeling of gasping for air as it was whipped from his lungs; his body became weightless? Would he feel anything at all?