05

AURA ! 05
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Jaemin was nowhere near a love expert, nor had never been in a relationship. Each time he developed a small crush on someone, the more he realized his interest towards the special person, he would talk about them non-stop to Donghyuck. For some reason, Jaemin believed each and every single one of them had good chemistry with him during the time of his loving hours. But, when he would display even a little of his "potential" romantic feelings towards them, it would all go downhill from there. He'd either get played, having the opportunity to go on a date with the individual but hours later he was told things wouldn't work out. To them saying that they weren't looking for a relationship at the moment but suddenly getting into one days later. He was ghosted, abandoned, somewhat just - lost as each and every single encounter's results were terrible.

That's why Jaemin wasn't a big fan of lovers st. Even if it's rumor was true, why should he fall for the person who simply passes by? There was no fun, no time to get to know them, only a simple spark that triggered their connection. Jaemin believed it was bullshit from the start.

But, only because he himself was terrible at love.

That was up until he met Lee Jeno, a quiet but patient kid when he was in the classroom. He was kind- gentle really, but Jaemin wasn't sure to why he was destined to be with him. Sure, he was a nice guy, maybe he pressed a couple of his buttons during their interaction during lunch but still, overall he was a good kid. Jaemin didn't have a problem with dating the opposite or same gender. Because throughout his years of crushing - to being crushed - Jaemin was set with the fact that it didn't matter who he fell in love with. If he appreciated them, enjoyed their company and knew his heart - plus himself - went berserk when making eye contact with them. He knew the answer.

But with Jeno, he simply felt none of those factors as he was in the process of getting to know him. It was somewhat irritating that he was forced to be with someone who he didn't even know existed, but - he was willing to make an effort to trust Jeno and learn about him.

"Jaemin.." The other calls, it's Jeno who has his cheek pressed against his desk. He smiles at the boy and scrunches his nose, "You look nice today."

Jaemin raises a brow, letting out a small laugh as he was somewhat confused about his comment. Sure, he appreciated the compliment, but it was just one thing - "Jeno, I'm wearing the school uniform just like everyone else. Nothing special."

"Yeah, but you look good in it."

He shrugs, "I mean, I guess?" Jaemin was not the type to flaunt his looks, he was unsure of whether if it was right to agree or not. "But, you look good too. The glasses are something new."

"Yeah, since I was in the front before it was easier to see the board. Back here things get a bit fuzzy." Jeno admits, lifting himself up as he adjusts the pair of glasses that sit on his nose. "They're not bad right?"

Jaemin shakes his head, "No, looks good. Promise."

Jeno flashes another smile to the boy beside him, "Thanks."

Throughout the remaining time of chemistry, Jeno and Jaemin worked on some assignments together in order to prepare for their upcoming exam. Jaemin wasn't struggling much, but he had other things to worry about such as his math exam that was going to be the same week as his chem exam. He had many things going on, his grades were exceptionally good but he believed he could bring them up a bit more to boost his GPA. "Hey, Jaemin? Want to go to my place after school to study?

Jaemin tilts his head, Jeno's place... 'Isn't it quite early to be invited to his house?' Is all Jaemin thinks of, "Well..yeah sure? Guess we could. I'm not really busy so I don't see the harm in doing so."

"You don't have to go just because I'm asking. Just a suggestion."

Jaemin shakes his head, not wanting to sound rude. "No, I'm okay with it. But, can we stop by a shop or something before going to your place? I get somewhat hungry after school and tend to go to a bakery or whatever is nearby."

Jaemin's request was no problem with Jeno, in fact he'd be willing to take Jaemin to the bakery any time of the week. "Yeah, sure. I don't see any harm in that."

"Cool," As Jaemin now flashes Jeno a smile, which felt a bit different since it was always Jeno who displayed the cute expression. "See you after school by the gate?"

"Wouldn't miss it."