The War in 3290

I waited in the bunker alone, watching the darkened shadows dancing around me. There was no wind but it seemed there was movement everywhere. Andrews and Jones had gone to change people for piquet. I had convinced them that just because I was girl,doesn't mean I'd let myself be an easy target. Minutes passed. I soon grew tired. I laid down on the dirt and rested my head upon my bum bag and stared at the stars shimmering above my head, partially covered by the swaying branches of the trees. I listened, closing my eyes to the sound of the rustling leaves. My heart created the vibrations through the grass below me.

'I think the sniper got her.' A whisper came from above me. My eyes shot open. The stars were gone. I screamed into a warm hand, as I was lifted to my feet, and pulled into a strong hold. I struggled, trying to get him off me.

'Now, now, now.' The voice whispered into my ear. 'Calm down,' I stopped the struggle, there was no point. I was waiting for an opportunity .' Excellent,' He continued 'I like you, you have spunk. Join us.'

'95, you can't do that.' The voice in front of me said.

'Understood, 92' 95 said. 'Then what should we do then?' My body vibrated and the strength in me disappeared. As I entered darkness, I heard Andrews' voice.

'Emma no!'

I was falling, too fast to measure.