Part 3 of 4

***

***

It all began when Dante rescued that strange bird that one particularly unimportant day.

Well, the bird was making a lot of noise, squawking in agony as if in pain and not letting him, and his neighbors, sleep.

It's not that he doesn't care about animals, or noisy birds in particular, no.

It's just that he's finally losing his temper with it.

It all began when Dante rescued that strange bird that one particularly unimportant day.

But, no.

It actually started way back when the said strange bird started following him about like a spy of some sort. And Dante being Dante, he knew that the bird was no ordinary bird. It was, in fact, a Demon. An electric - wielding Demon called Griffon.

But, why was a Griffon following him?

It followed him wherever he went! To the pizza shop, to the local diner, to the ice cream parlor, even to the nightclub!

It just,... won't leave him alone!

And what's more, it even managed to freak out all the beautiful ladies he was trying to woo. One moment, he was seducing a hot babe with huge boobs and nice ass, then the next minute, she was running away from him, screaming in fright like a wild Banshee! All because of that Griffon who stealthily hid behind one of the flower pots just to observe him. Stealthily! Because, despite all its efforts to stay hidden, Dante could still see its plump body and glowing blue feathers overflowing from the small pot amidst the fern and fake flowers!

For a while, Dante considered raining bullets down on the Demon for frightening away all of his hot dates but, then, he's not really doing anything to hurt him, or them, for that matter.

It's just that, he's scaring them away. And he didn't know why.

So, when he heard the Griffon squawking in agony, he thought at first, eh, you again? What do you want?

But, then, when the squawking became so disturbing and loud that he could no longer ignore it, he went outside to locate it.

And there, stuck in the neighbor's chicken wire fence where he probably tried to go through, was the Griffon, itself.

"Hey, little buddy." Dante greeted with a smile on his face. "Getting stuck now, are we?"

The Griffon only stared at him with his multiple golden pupils as it flailed its sharp, violet talons.