" Bedtime Story " || Chapter 1 ||

"If You Laugh, A lot, when your older, all your wrinkles will be in the right place"

: Entry 1 : Date : August :

I've always been fond of flowers. Any flowers, really. 

Hyacinths, daisies, peonies, roses, petunias. Even those silly ones you find in your backyard, but never discover what they are. They could be poisonous plants from a distant planet, and that  still wouldn't stop you as a child from picking them and taking them into your home to place in a little jar. As a little accomplishment. 

But its not the smell, nor the sight of them that makes me smile the most. 

But its the memories that settle on those petals. The constant sorrow, but beauty of a Hyacinth. The peppy, bounce of a daisy, the romantic scarlet petals of a rose.

but before I get to sappy, I guess I should introduce myself.

Im Cassie, your typical 16 year old girl, whos currently hiding under her covers from her siblings, and scribbling in an empty journal from 8th grade.

Who knew this could be so  entertaining? 

Now, as I said, hiding under covers from my siblings, Eli and Jane. 

We're playing an intense round of hide and go seek, you see, and I am determined not to lose against a 10 and 12 year old, and I do NOT like eating Halloween candy from 2017.

Absoloutly no-

-  - - - - - 

Cassie stopped writing and lifted up her pencil.

She could have sworn her bedroom door had creaked open. And hopefully it wasnt Eli, or Jane.

A hand moved to her stomach, as she reminded herself of the candy, and she tucked herself deeper into the bed, clutching her journal.

You would think she was hiding from assassins.

Cass's knees tucked in toward her stomach, and her journal pressed against her thighs as she tried to see what was happening beyond her covers.

This is what I get for letting them clean the 'crap closet'  She thought, But how was I supposed to know that was where Dad hid the candy 3 years ago?

Cassie felt a pang of sorrow, as she remembered her dad on Halloween.

But she was used to that sadness.

She sighed, but cut herself off when a loud creak filled the room. 

Yep. 
That was the door. 

Gentle footsteps sounded, as somebody approached the bed. Cassie's body tensed, and she clutched her journal and held her breath, until she was sure that the figure was leaning on the bed.

As the bed squeaked on its shakey springs, she clutched handfulls of the covers, before pushing forward, and throwing the puffy blue fabric away from herself.

"RAWR!" She yelled, startling a brother of hers, to the point where he toppled to the fluffy white carpet below.

"HAHA!" She cried, triumphant. "You MERE MORTAL Think you can SLAY THE DRAGON!?" 
Cassie leapt off the bed, over her giggling brother, and marched out of the room. "I THINK NOT!"

She entered the living room, where her sister, Jane, was peeking up behind the couch, but on sight of Cassie, she tucked her and her puffy curls back behind the leather sofa.