Story

This was not Eve’s idea of fun, she’d rather be at home under a warm blanket eating chocolate and reading a book. Instead she was at a club with her friends, she had a headache since dreadful music had been blasting in her ears for more than two hours and she was sure not one of her friends was sober. She had had enough, it was her cousin’s birthday but she would be too hungover tomorrow in the morning to realise that Eve had left so soon. She made her way towards the door, stepping on people’s feet, not bothering to say sorry; she just wanted to get outside, to feel what it was like to breathe and have your own space again.

Nathaniel was studying his surroundings; he was just outside a club, perfect; there would be enough young victims in there for him to take his pick. He had one week on Earth and he would not waste it, he would have fun, have fun before going back to hell for another five years. Nathaniel was busy examining everyone, just then he noticed Eve, a petite, fragile worried looking young girl, and she looked delicious.

Nathaniel followed Eve, she had the feeling someone was following her so she hastened her pace. Eve’s home was a ten minute walk from her current location so she went for a shortcut. Nathaniel stalked his victim until she was in an empty street, wide but vacant. There he swiftly caught up with his prey and before she could scream there was a chloroformed tissue over her mouth and nose. Just before closing her eyes she saw Nathaniel’s face, the victorious grin and black hollow eyes filled with hunger made her fear, for her life; then darkness and complete silence.

Nathaniel carried his new toy to an abandoned basement he had prepared before, and strapped her down to a table; he had all the necessary utensils already laid out on a separate table, ready to be used, to help him craft his work of art. Before starting he grabbed some scissors and cut off all her clothes leaving her exposed. She was magnificent, but she would be even more so after he finished with her.

She soon woke up and saw him pick up a thin, small knife and scan her body, looking for where to begin. Nathaniel walked up to her right breast, and just above it, on the flat, soft area of skin, started carving in letters. S. L. U. T. Blood was trickling down her neck and in-between her arm and chest. Eve felt pain as she had never felt it before, but she wouldn’t give her torturer the pleasure of hearing her cry. Nathaniel wanted her to scream, to give-in, so he decided to push a little harder. He decided to go for a small saw this time, then walked around to her right hand and slowly started slicing off her thumb. This time Eve failed to stay quiet, a loud, shrill cry escaping her. Nathaniel smiled, and grabbed a heat rod. Not feeling any pain at all he strolled to her right leg. He placed the rod on her thigh and watched the skin bubble up and turns black in amusement. He repeated this three times so Eve had three lines of burnt skin, her scream still filling the room. Eve’s vision began to blur for the second time that day, what she didn’t know was that was the last thing she would ever feel, see, smell…

Nathaniel continued to destroy the right half of the girl. He picked up a drill and started inserting it twistedly into her eyeball, blood flowing down into her ear, and through her hair, staining it like a cherry would stain a tongue after biting into it. He swapped his drill for a needle and some black thread and then sewed the right half of her mouth together, he also decided to sew her thumb back on, he didn’t want her being incomplete.

Nathaniel then went into another room and came back with a human sized wooden cross, just like the one Jesus was crucified on, but painted black. He tied Eve on with some rope but made sure it would be easy to cut later. Afterwards he made a small hole just below where the stomach was and pulled out her intestines; blood puddling the floor and dripping down his hands and forearms. The smell was starting to spread, a sweet metallic aroma filling the room, a smell that most people would find nauseating; but not Nathaniel, he found it pleasurable. Nathaniel proceeded to tie Eve up with her own intestines, going over what he had done in rope and then cutting the rope and pulling it out from underneath. Eve was half bathed in blood, it was starting to coagulate in the small wounds and dry over her skin, making her sticky. There was just one last touch to add.

Nathaniel cut out the shape of a cross over her heart, a thin cut; it was dripping blood over the word SLUT that he had sculpted earlier. He then pulled the skin backwards without separating it from her body completely, leaving a diamond shaped hole exposing her top ribs. Continuously, with a saw he removed the rib protecting the heart, and then he saw it, the red organ that had kept his pray alive up to a certain point. He cut Eve’s heart out and laid it on the table, leaving her chest empty.

Before retiring for the day Nathaniel took Eve halfway across town, and left her in front of her parent’s front door, still dripping blood.

Nathaniel returned to his house and sat down, staring at the heart and the rib, that had failed to protect. Then he went to sleep thinking about what he would do tomorrow with his next victim.